Nitrogen canning your cannabis to preserve freshness?

So, I went to the SWCC trade show in Phoenix and friend of mine gave me some nitrogen can sealed cannabis. I’ve seen it on Rare Dankness’s Instagram, and then I checked this video out because my friend started working at N2 Packaging.

When I opened it, my entire bedroom smelt like I just opened vacuum sealed lb of weed. I love this nitrogen sealing. I hope it becomes more of a standard because the quality is fantastic.

Pic attached!

2 Likes

Wow, I had no idea this was even a thing. I’ve yet to see any products like this in the Colorado dispensaries.

I’ve heard of this sort of thing with food. Lettuce , specifically. I work at a college and the processing/value added food kitchen, where local farmers come in to make their salsa or other products to sell, was looking into getting a nitrogen bagging system. I believe it is the oxygen which causes spoilage or deterioration of chemical compounds that we wish to otherwise preserve. Makes sense that it should work for cannabis too.

2 Likes

That would make sense. Oxidation reactions are generally the source of most decay for organic things, beyond biological sources of decay. Vacuum sealing and nitrogen sealing seem like 2 logical ways to prevent oxidation reactions from occurring.

1 Like

Wine producers on the low end use nitrogen NO2 for packaging. Works great gives them like a ten year shelf life.

2 Likes