Niwa Grow Hub - Grow Automation

hey @nacho151 , what do you think of these automation units, do you think this is something you could use in your grow?

7 Likes

I am currently using the AC Infinity Controller 69 in all my tents. This product looks like it gives the information needed to help. The automated watering would be nice though!

8 Likes

@chrisj does the app send warnings when the parameters drops or exceed the set parameters? I was thinking last night that an app that could measure moisture of soil and when it reaches the level set for the minimum to let you know, would be a great app for people new to growing in soil or coco, so they don’t under or over water their plants.

7 Likes

The app can be set between a range, so that if the RH is to high the fans kick in, or if the moisture is to low, the humidfier kicks in, and yes it does provide alerts. I think your idea is great, but not to sure if it has a soilless/soil sensor.

@PreyBird1 , each smart outlet on the grow hub has a sensor connected to it, so for instance you cant use one outlet on the grow hub to manage 2 lights in 2 different locations. I think you will get some great feedback from with your questions.

8 Likes

Soil moisture sensor should be the next option. They should make available.

7 Likes

@chrisj, @PreyBird1 I was thinking that a soil sensor like a Teros moisture probe with a app would be perfect for soil growers. From what I have read about them, you can read and download the data collected, but I couldn’t find anything about an app to use with it.

8 Likes

Hi,
I’ve seen them, and been interested, but never knew anyone whose tried one ti see what they thought, so I decided to wait on them. I use the a.c. Infinity model 67 and 69’s which do the job well enough witg added co2 and monitoring equip to my 5x9 flowering room.

8 Likes

Any forum discount codes coming? I could use this in one of my tents…but i have 3 tents within 10feet of each other and if it can run more than one light in different location that would be great. I might have to buy a dehumidifier now? Ive never had issues but now im seeing high humidity levels and to have a unit that can handle its operation and the lights together would be nice. I have a vivosun humidity switch but really thats just one more plug to plug in.

giphy (6) (6)

8 Likes

Great idea, let me see what we can do. The frustrating thing with indoor is one always seems to need to throw more at it, more electrical, more money, more electricity. Wish I could take a picture of my extension plug, we dont have more space!!!

8 Likes

Id be careful there! what happened to me last month was i had a 3 prong socket with a 2 prong socket adapter and it melted but didnt trip the circuut could have started a fire. I ended up replacing the houses meter and power panel and then "i " rewired that circuit and installed heavy duty 3 prong grounded plug sockets. Im rewiring the house anyways and i had no way to shut off service into the house so had the panel relocated.

8 Likes

I needed that advice @PreyBird1 , I did mention that to my friend this past week, and we need to look at the socket this week. Much appreciated.

6 Likes

hey ya’ll, Zach from Niwa here. Quick correction, there is one sensor module that monitors and reads the current environment and that is plugged into the Niwa Grow Hub strip, not a sensor per outlet. You can interchange what each outlet represents on your app, and if you want to run 2+ lights, you’ll need to plug a light controller box’ trigger cord into the Niwa or an extension cord with the two outlets. However, if you’re using an extension cord, the cord itself has to absorb the amp draw so it doesn’t exceed 10A.

7 Likes

@preybird - you can have up 10 Grow Hubs on one username and just switch between each grow hub where their unique data and custom settings are stored. We’re working on a discount code for all of you!

7 Likes

Hi

As requested, the 10% discount code for the NIWA Growhub: “GNIWA10” . Please use this code on checkout and it may be used for all GN members, and even non members.

7 Likes

Very sweet. I just spent a bunch of money on a R/O system and blue labs equipment. Have to wait to buy one.

7 Likes

Something to think about, I didn’t check this thing out to close but how many amps is it? You can only run so many things off of 15 or 20 amp plug. So if you have two lights in a big dehumidifier hooked to that thing, it may be more power draw than it can support. Just a thought I don’t have any Details on this product.

3 Likes

You can run a total of 10 Amps out of each individual outlet and 15 Amps total on the Grow Hub. I test all my equipment amp draw and none of my tents pull more than 3 amps running at max draw. If the circuit is a 20 Amp circuit the breaker should trip at 16 amps, if the circuit is 15 amps the breaker should trip at 12 amps. In my last grow room I was running 5 grow tents and a dry tent and was only drawing 12 amps max on a 20 amp circuit.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1
What’s up brother? Hey, what do you think of your r/o system? I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while now, but as I only grow organically in soil, im not sure if it’s worth getting one.
I have city water here which I use with a Boogie Blue Plus filter and a Boogie Blue as a prefilter. It removes the chlorine and cloromides in the water. The water is abiit 238ppm with a ph of 8.0 to 8.1 prior to adjusting it. …also what do you use to lower your ph? I’ve been using an organic one from microbiolo or white vinegar, but an thinking about trying tbn naturals as I heard a little goes a long way and I’m going through a 32oz bottle every 10 days currently.
Thanks

6 Likes

I like the ro system. I get 18 ppms and a ph of 5.6 once i add nutrients its perfect. Now i just balance the system instead of swapping the nutrients. Some times i have to use a lot of water and the 20 gallon tank works great. The stock tank sucks and is good for 2.8 gallons. So i plumbed them together and use them both.

6 Likes

Hey guys

How is this review of Niwa vs Trolmaster?

" If you have got a tent or grow room. Dude, the Niwa, its phenomenal! It can do a number things that not even the Trolmaster can do." -

Watch the full review.

4 Likes