Northern cali early flowering because of smoke/lack of sun?

curious to know if smoke/lack of sun has caused early flowering. My buds look like really close to being done for my outdoor grow. Put clones in 06/15 put seeds in 06/25 they are not even close. Any feedback will help, just don’t want to be premature. Thanks

3 Likes

That could be a good possibility. Lack of light with a curtain or a curtain of smoke could effect it I bet…
@TheMadFlascher would you think that could be?

2 Likes

I don’t believe so and wouldn’t offer a answer if I haven’t been right in the middle of it… I live in Chico and we have indeed had 3-4 weeks of smoky air. There has been a few days where we had falling ash (light).
I’ts normally hot here all of July, August and most of September…even Thursday and Friday were over 100 degrees…hot, smokey, horrible conditions but In the valley here the smoke never blotted out the sun. If @domonish was growing in the Sierra Foothills he may have had more significant blockage of sunlight. Could be phenotype variance, or indeed as @ravenchief observed if your feeding malted barley heavily that alone would possibly hasten ripening by 15%… wish I could give a definite but lots of variables involved…Sorry

5 Likes

Guys on my side are only planting later in the season due to last season new plants going into flower earlier. I can only blame it on the changing world, heat, CO2, etc and I think wildfires definitely play a role in it to. Check this article:

The changing climate presents challenges and opportunities for U.S. agricultural production, forest resources, and rural economies. These threats have significant implications not just for farmers, ranchers, and forest landowners, but for all Americans. Land managers across the country are observing the effects on seasons due to a changing climate.

The effects on seasons of a changing climate are already being seen across the country and vary region to region: temperatures have risen across seasons, growing seasons have become longer, precipitation patterns have changed, and extreme precipitation events have increased in frequency and severity. Because of the sensitivity of agriculture to weather and climate conditions, these impacts can have substantial direct and indirect effects production and profitability. Source

4 Likes