Northern Lights DWC Perpetual

Day 35 Flower

Switched out my reservoir Sunday and I’m running 3ml/L Sensi Bloom, 1ml/L Sensi Cal-mag, 1ml/L B52, 1ml/L Voodo Juice, 2ml/L Overdrive, 1ml/L Bud Candy, 1ml/L Nirvana, 1ml/L Sensizym, 1ml/L Rhino Skin.
Daytime temps 78-81f, nighttime 66-69f, Rh 45-50%, Ph 5.8-6.0, Ec 2.7-2.9 by weeks end.
I’m running my lights on11:40/off12:20. Every other day I turn my lights off 5 mins earlier. I started this on Day 28. I researched fall light times and we lose 2 mins every day, so I simplified it. Thank you so much @scotty17 for this idea. I only decided to use it in flower because it can become a little time consuming constantly making adjustments to my timers.
Still haven’t noticed any deficiencies but my humidifier ran out of water 1 day and my humidity ran in the 30s 4 most of the day and they feed pretty hard and got a little burn from it. I reworked my ventilation b4 starting this grow to keep my RH and temps down, but my Inkbird control kicks my humidifier on pretty regularly to keep my Rh up.

I was way off on my prediction of how much more they were going to stretch. I guessed 6-8" but it was closer to 16" all across. I’m pretty happy with my canopy especially because all 3 phenotypes grew differently in Veg. Just a couple stranglers sticking up that are the strongest tops of each plant.

Things are coming along great in my Veg tent!
I’m running 2ml/L Sensi Grow, 1ml/L Sensi Cal-mag, 1ml/L B52, 1ml/L Voodo Juice, 1ml/L Tarantula, 1ml/L Piranha, 1ml/L Bud Candy, 1ml/L Sensizym, 1ml/L Rhino Skin.
Daytime temps 75-77f, nighttime 66-68f, Rh 60-65%, h20 temps 66-68, ph 6.0, Ec 1.2. 18/6 lights, 75% Blue spectrum 40% Red. I’ve got lots of healthy fuzzy roots in the h20 now. The brown is from the nutes. I’ve been watching these roots very closely. My last plants roots weren’t the healthiest last time they left these buckets so I’m watching them very closely!

I did good on my FIMing and have 5 new tops on 2 plants and 4 on the other. It’s initial growth looks a little deformed because of the damage but grows right out of it.
These ladies are going to grow into my light by next week so I’m going to start some lst with them soon. I’m going to use the frame of my tent for support instead of my buckets this time. That should work much better.

8 Likes

Great looking plants man :wink: healthy for sure!

5 Likes

Thanks brother!

2 Likes

It’s Day 42 of flower for these ladies and they are starting to bulk up on me. After my last reservoir change I started topping off with 1/4 strength nutes and have pulled my base back this week. I’m going to give these girls a full week flush before they get chopped. So this is my last week of nutes.
I’m running Sensi Bloom 2ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Overdrive 2ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Nirvana 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
I’m running my lights on11:20/off12:40 today. Every other day I shut my lights off 5 min sooner.
Daytime temps 78-81f, nighttime 66-69f, Rh 40-45%, h20 temps 66-67f, ph 5.8-6.0, Ec 1.7-1.9 by weeks end.
My ph started dropping a little more than usual last week so I started adding ph up.

1583255116453 1583255099419

Things are coming along nicely in this tent.
I’m running Sensi Grow 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Tarantula 1ml/L, Piranha 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
I’m going to start some lst training to keep these plants out of my lights.
Daytime temps 76-78f, nighttime 67-69f, Rh 50-55%, h20 temps 65-68f, ph 5.8-6.1, Ec 2.3.

!

8 Likes

Nice Bradah!!! I love DWC + LED

2 Likes

Hey @Tygrow78, I think you could use those, if you win…

1 Like

Thanks @bradahhaole! I’m loving dwc now that I worked out the kinks.

2 Likes

Thank you @kapouic, I looked into that and am going to try and enter too!

1 Like

Day 49 Flower

It’s almost time to chop these ladies. Ive only been topping off my reservoir with RO since I switched out my reservoir last week. I switched out my reservoir on Sunday and started running 2ml/L Flawlessly Finish. I’m also topping off with the same strength. I’m watching my trichomes carefully right now and am trying to harvest with 20% amber, 80% milky. I’ve noticed in the past that the aroma starts changing the more amber my trichs get. I don’t want to lose any of this sweet amazing smell coming from my tent, like I have b4.
I did a good job cloning the right plant because my left plant has the strongest classic Northern Lights scent that I’m chasing and craving! When I post my harvest pics I’ll share my story of the 1st time I smelled, what I know now as Northern Lights. Then the 1st time I actually got to smoke it and taste it and not just get random whiffs of it.
Daytime temps 78-80f, nighttime 63-65f, Rh 42-45%, H20 temps 65-67f, ph started at 5.6 but is now 6.2 and I’m just letting that ride without any adjustments, Ec .2.
My lights are on 11:05/off 12:55 today. Thanks again for the light idea @scotty17. I think it’s a great idea!

I should have removed all the bud sites below my net, which I will do next time.

1583848809001 1583848655322 1583848648880 1583848595378 1583848587258
I have a really hard time taking these pictures while the plants still growing…

It’s getting crowded in this tent so I started some lst last week to keep my plants out of my light. Should have started sooner but I didn’t have the black moldable supports I wanted to use. I have plenty for the future now.
I’m running Sensi Grow 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Bud Ignitor 2ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Tarantula 1ml/L, Piranha 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
My lights are running 60% Veg and 30% Bloom. Daytime temps 75-77f, nighttime 63-65 which is lower than I’d like but I’m trying to keep my nighttime temps low in my flower tent. Rh 50-54%, H20 temps 64-67 due to the rooms cold conditions, ph 5.7-6.1 Ec 2.4.

5 Likes

Nice!image

3 Likes

Thanks bro!!

2 Likes

Looking amazing bro!! :seedling::herb::palm_tree::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I chopped my ladies Sunday after a 7 day flush and 54 days of flower. Can’t wait to smoke some after at least a weeks cure. I’m going to guess my dry weight is about the same as my last run. Around 200-250 grams. I’ve got alot of nice solid buds. I started my dry at 50-55% Rh the 1st 2 days, and now my Inkbird control is set to 45-50% the remainder of my dry. Temps have been 66f-70. I’ve got to get things switched around today and finish my dry in my other tent. But I have to get my system and tent cleaned up and disinfected first.

I’m putting in 2 4’ Sunblaster T5 54w 2400k bulbs in this tent for my next run of NL. I’m going to be upgrading my lights in this tent soon also. The 90 degree lenses suck for my setup! I can’t get my lights high enough to give my whole canopy even light disruption. So I’m going to upgrade soon.

So I have completely run out of room in this tent. It’s too small for what I’m doing. My plants just grow way too fast in Veg because of the dwc setup. So when I move later this year I’m going to make this my clone tent, my 2’×4’ will be my Veg tent, and I’m going to go with a 4’×4’ gorilla tent so I have plenty of vertical space to grow my Blue Dream and Green Crack seeds.
I’m on Day 7 of flower with these plants and need to start training them on my screen tomorrow morning.
Daytime temps 75-78f, nighttime 65-68f, Rh 45-50% because of the cramped conditions. H20 temps 65-68f, ph 5.8-6.1, Ec 2.7.
3ml/L Sensi Bloom, 1ml/L Sensi Cal-mag, 1ml/L B52, 2ml/L Bud Ignitor, 1ml/L Voodo Juice, 1ml/L Tarantula, 1ml/L Piranha, 1ml/L Bud Candy, 1ml/L Sensizym, 1ml/L Rhino Skin. Blue Spectrum 50%, Red 50%, on12/off12.

Sharing a few leaves with my cats. They love my NL leaves more than any other strain so far… My girls get 1 drop of CBD oil on their wet food every meal.

6 Likes

I got my system and tent cleaned out last night then moved my plants over when the lights came on this morning. I should have just harvested, cleaned and switched everything out on Sunday. It’s a long process and I decided to split it up instead. But next time I’m planning a whole day around it. I have a little damage to some leaves from growing into my light but it’s all very minimal.

1 of my root masses from my harvested plants. It’s a week old and pretty shriveled up but my roots were nice and healthy.

This was my middle plant from my Veg tent. It’s the allstar out of the bunch.

I’m going to drop my screen down tomorrow and then on Fri I’ll start training them to it.
I’m looking to upgrade my little tent before my next run. It’s just too small 4 my dwc setup. I was lucky NL is such a fast finishing strain. But it’s not going to work for the next few strains I’m going to grow.

5 Likes

So this is Day 14 Flower for these ladies. I started training them to my screen a few days ago. I have a little damage to some leaves from growing into my light but nothing major. Tried to buy my bigger Veg tent this weekend and it’s going to be a month b4 I can get it. So I’ll have to deal with my height restriction a little longer.
I’m running the exact same lineup of Nutes as my last run.
Daytime temps 77-80f, nighttime 65-69f, Rh 50-55%. H20 temp 66-67f, ph 5.8-6.0, Ec 2.1.

The few damaged spots from growing into my light and the 1st 2 days after moving my plants.

My plants today.

I only trimmed my left plant to cure and smoke. That’s the 1 I cloned also. I got lucky cuz it’s buds smell the tastiest! It’s like a subtle sweet berry smell with a tad of earth and skunk. Smells sooo freaking good.
I’m too tired to trim the other 2 plants after working 4 12s in a row. So I’ll get to them tomorrow…

I’ll finish the rest tomorrow. It’s hours past my bedtime.

5 Likes

Day 21 Flower

My plants are doing really well right now. Daytime temps 78-80f, nighttime 66-68f, Rh 50-54%, h20 temp 66-68f, ph 5.8-6.0, Ec 2.6. Lights on12/off12.

I took 8 clones today. Not sure what I’m going to do with them yet? I might run them 1 more time. I’m playing around with timing of my clones and Veg cycle. Lights on 24 hrs the 1st week to bring them back from flower. On 20 the 2nd week, then 18/6 3rd week and on till I finally flip them back to flower.
Using Clonex solution 5ml/L, and Voodo Juice 2ml/L.

I ended up trimming all my buds got a finished weight of 186 grams. Kind of disappointed because my last run I got 210 grams. It smells amazing!

6 Likes

Day 29

So my cloned plants are doing great! I really like how I scrogged my plants this time and I know how I’ll be able to grow my tall strains in my short tent. I’m not going to put up my other net this time since they’re just about done stretching, and I’ve done lots of aggressive HST to each stem. They have multiple knots up each one.
I was hoping to have both of the Sunblaster 4’ T5 lights I bought up in my tent by now. Shipping is taking longer than usual from growers house so I’ll have them up by Fri. I also found my new light that I’m going to use next grow. Not a fan of Viparspectra lights anymore. I’ll use 2 of them in my new Veg tent. Thanks for the light suggestion @devjyarn! I’m going to go with the Mars TSL 2000. Thank you so much for all the help getting my system dialed in. I wouldn’t be having the success without your help. From my ph drifts, cal-mag deficiencies, and mostly the defoliation techniques I’ve learned from you. Your amazing brother!!
I’ve been running the same lineup of nutes this past week and this one.
Sensi Bloom 3ml/L, Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, B52 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Big Bud 1ml/L, Nirvana 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L.
Daytime temps 78-81f, nighttime 66-69f, Rh 49-53%, H20 temp 66-67f, ph 5.8-6.1, Ec 2.7.
I started my fall light schedule today and will decrease my daylight times by 5 mins every other day. I really like this idea @scotty17. Thanks a bunch!!

!

I made a couple mistakes with these clones last week so they aren’t looking so hot right now. I had my light settings too high, and they dried out on me a few nights in a row while I was working. But I have roots on half of them and the rest will in a day or 2. They’ll look alot healthier next week. :crossed_fingers:
I took these clones at day 21 flower but think that’s a little too late. I took the clones I’m growing now at Day 14 flower and don’t think I’ll go past that again. I’ll probably just take my time on cloning and draw that process out longer next time before I start Vegging them. I’m trying to work out my perpetual grow right now. Especially when I plan on growing 9-10 week strains. The growth rate in DWC is crazy fast!!:crazy_face::crazy_face: It’s making things difficult for me. That’s why I bought a new Veg tent.

I get your addiction to cloning now @PreyBird1. I have so much fun taking them and getting them ready!!
I’m not sure if I’m going to hit the road this month still? Work is asking us to cancel our vacation time and help out during the pandemic. I really wanted some runtz and Skywalker og clones. But I really need to run my CBDurban seeds next. I put a couple breader packs of seeds aside for you that I picked up at the dispensary.

7 Likes

The roots on your plants look Amazing Brother @Tygrow78
Big Up.
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Thanks @docdre! I’m very happy with the way these clones have grown and their root masses.

2 Likes

Day 35 for my NL clones. I have no complaints from the past week. Everything’s cruising along just like it should be. I put 2 54 watt T5HO fixtures up, with 3000K bulbs. It’s so bright now! My plants are loving it!! They finished their stretch and it’s time for my ladies to start stacking on some weight!
I’m running the same lineup of nutes as last week. But after my top off reservoir gets rid of my last 4 gallons of 1/2 strength nutes I’m switching out my system. The only thing I’ll change is I’ll add in Overdrive 2ml/L.
So my lights have increased my temps a few degrees. Daytime temps are running 80-84f, nighttime 66-69f, Rh 48-53%, I’ve dropped my H20 temps down to 65-66f to help deal with the increased heat in my tent. Ph 5.8-6.0, Ec 2.8.
This is my current grow @budtender803. I’ll link ya on my new one that I just started.

This part of my plant was damaged when it grew into my light in my clone tent. It’s mutated into a triple bud.

So bright!
My clones are looking a little sad, but their roots look great. I’m going to give the healthiest 2 to a sister grower I know so they can keep going. I have other seeds already started to run next.

7 Likes