Nutrient help!

Hello everyone! My nutrients for my plant FINALLY arrived but now that they have… I don’t know what to do with them!! :flushed: I purchased these things based off recommendations made by this site and the people on it. Here is what I have.

My question is: how do I know what to give my plant and how do I know how much to give it? It’s about three weeks old and I think it’s an autoflower. Here’s a pic of it from last night. What should I be giving it? The new baby leaves at the top have tints of orange at the tips of their leaves, is that symbolic of a nutrient deficiency? I do have a bucket and stuff to pH balance the water. I also have a TDS tester. Any guidance you may have on how I can move forward would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much for all your help everyone. @bryankp @PreyBird1 @Maz @Slym3r (I hope it’s okay that I’m tagging you in this post. You guys have been helping me out most frequently so I figured you would be good people to ask :heart:)

1 Like

You only need to use the veg nutrients and the base if there is one. Go to there site and see what they recommend. Also @scotty17 is running this nutrient line i believe.

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Dont give theplant anymore water until the leaves stop hanging down. Leave it for another day. Or you cause issues and get gnats

3 Likes

That’s not going to cause problems because I just transplanted it is it? I thought I read somewhere about keeping it saturated after first transplanting them or is that only true for hydro going to soil?

2 Likes

No saturated. Thats too wet. Leave it alone. Watch the leaves they will tell you.

3 Likes

See my leaves.
Happy is pointing up down is sad :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I see what you mean. I won’t water it for a couple days and see what happens. I haven’t found a chart yet for the nutrients I have from the link you sent. Is there a good rule of thumb when it comes to giving nutrients? I read in a book that you should give half the dose on the back of the bottle? Is that true? The next time I water it I definitely want to give it some nutrients. I just don’t want to cause nutrient burn by giving the wrong amount or the wrong stuff. :frowning:

2 Likes

Reaching to the lights. Thats when the plant is happy. it will grow a lot faster. Also if you have soil and saturate you will starve the roots for oxygen and can drown the plant. At least you have a fabric pot. Helps dry out fastest

2 Likes

@katmwall I don’t know alot about tps nutrients, but by reading the bottles and a little info online, it seems the primer could be used as an additive during veg and the gold used during flower. Use your flora nova grow during veg maybe half strength for first feeding then increase over a couple feeding to the strength on the bottle. The plant will yell you what it likes after that. I’m no expert and all of this is stuff I’ve read heard from the good people here or just read through lots of research. But definitely listen to @PreyBird1

3 Likes

TPS is a great value for the outcome. But you should use maxigro,maxibloom;By General hydroponics instead of part A&B and Bloom City 7 kelp extract is AMAZING will help the girls out So MUCH. IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE NEW TPS FEEDING CHART I CAN HELP SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT,IF YOU LIKE .

1 Like

I don’t have the TPS feeding chart yet. I would really appreciate that if you have it. Thank you!!

1 Like

Did you get a feeding chart?
[/quote]

1 Like

2 tsp Silica 2 tsp N - primer 1 1/2 tsp grow per gallon of water.
You need to get some magnesium and calcium also.
What’s your pH? And what is your ambient temperature?

3 Likes

PH tends to be around 5.5-6.0 I think the temp has been a little colder than it should be. (I’ve been using the filtered water out of my fridge)

I used the same types of nutrients in the past. Like Tye said you should buy a bottle of cali mag if you plan on using bottle nutes for your soil. Also might want to buy some epsom salts.

People have different opinions on feeding. What I personally do is a half of whatever the bottles says. I then watch the plants and see what they end up needing. Watch the tips I noticed if I went over a full tablespoon in a gallon the edges of the fan leaves would show slight burn.

Also depends on the strains you are running I’ve ran over 10 different genetics and had to adjust their feedings.

2 Likes

5.5 is too low for your soil. Shoot for 6-6.5

2 Likes