Nutrient level Testing

Can an EC meter tell the concentration of multiple nutrients in a solution? If not is there a way to test this automatically, maybe something with an arduino?

4 Likes

Like how much nitrogen is in there?

No, EC metres only measure conductivity and it’s measures the conductivity of all the salts in the solution.

Breaking them down individually can probably be done however it would take more expensive equipment than a regular old ec meter.

If you know your NPK numbers from your nutrients then you should be able to use those to give you a rough calculation based off your total EC or poms

2 Likes

You can get a npk. Test kit if the digital gear is too pricy.(they make hydro sensors for green houses but the system I saw was over 60000 cdn and ran 4 green houses.)I can post a pic of the npk test kit tn when my lights come on

4 Likes

i have watched some videos where some have setup an arduino EC tester, one guy used like 8 different nutrients, how in the world would you be able to track each of them and their concentration in the solution. even if you used 2-3 how could an EC tester allow you to separate out those nutrients.

3 Likes

I’ve never had to track each nutrient individually, but I’m a hobbyist and have not found a need for something like that at my level of growing.

I watch the plant, figure out what it needs by how the leaves look, and then administer in small amounts

3 Likes

It’ll tell you available salts. We do paste extract and that tells us the nutrients available for take up . From my understanding

1 Like

It also depends on the nutes some wont test with a EC or PPM advanced nutrients is that way I love em

2 Likes

Is there an automated way to test the nutrients, then adjust as needed?

1 Like

Nitrogen forms of Urea and Ammonia for example are not measurable with EC meter . Thats why some companies suggest lower values of PPM on their labels .

1 Like

Hi Friends,

Hope all going well your end and things are blooming nicely.

Thought I would touch base with you and see if you would be interested in my range of seeds.

I run https://www.sensibleseeds.com/ which has most of the established seed banks, though I have been active in the cannabis industry for over 25 years and have built up a large network of breeders , so can pretty much source any strain to suit your needs; access to over 6000 plus strains covering all your requirements - THC, CBD, Autoflower, CBD Hemp ( Farm Bill compliant ), Landrace etc.

We ship worldwide and our packaging is very discreet and stealthy.

Fellow GN members will be given a 10% discount on all orders and large / Bulk orders will get a better discount and extra free seeds as well.

If interested please drop me a message and I will do my best to advise and happy to jump on the phone for a chat if easier.

Cheers

Paul