Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Nz outdoor

Hi everyone merry Christmas and happy new year 2022
Update - we have had more rain flooding and mist so grow has been more root based instead of vegetation.
This year I have not used clones and have put two in ground of seed I made last year.

None have sexed yet and I am keeping the ones in small pots to hopefully speed that process. Just feeding some seaweed concentrate at 20mls/ 20 litres some pretty minimal but I am gonna try buy some cannabis specific nutrients soon.

Pineapple chunk x itself

and pineapple chunk x grape

And the north lime I was given as seed seems to be a large frame plant and already has a very nice smell

And I did start two if the purple cross but will update pics later.

:dancer:t2::man_dancing:t3::partying_face:

7 Likes

HNY world
Well here’s my update
We have had some great weather and they are growing. BUT they havnt sexed yet so with only 15 weeks max from here I am worried if my big ones are male :flushed:
I will have to start and sex earlier next year. Or a small tent for wintering…:ok_hand:

So I have repotted all the small ones in case I need a transplant

Here’s the (hopefully) purple one crosses unknown by my mate. They have grown well and started latest.

And from left to right pineapple chunk x grape, north lime, pineapple chunk, purple x.

PC x G

PC

North lime

In ground

Pineapple chunk

Pineapple chunk x grape

6 Likes

Very cool. Im about to ship to NZ tomorrow. Sending some fire Down under!

3 Likes

Well that was quick, the weather heat peaked and then a cool snap and the First Ladies arrived.
The two purple cross seeds I started last, they have grown large quickly and now I think early flowering.
Might be a good strain to try and maintain.

And I got given a small sick clone and revived it.
Couldn’t resist a bit of easy planting sneaky commando style one…even in my garden😂

Others not showing any sex yet including the ground ones - next 3 days I hope

3 Likes

I like how your all guerrilla growing. Are the plants growing into those bags of soil like big bag/pots? I like it. Does the green fabric keep them shaded and disguised?

2 Likes

@preybird1 yes i also dug the soil below slightly wider than the bag and a solid spade depth and put 200g of nitrophoska blue through the soil.

Then I got a knife and made several long slits along bag, then turned it over onto the soil.

I cut a hole for the plant PB bag to slot into and then made about 20 holes in top of bag to help breathing through soil and with watering.

I cut the bottom compleatley off the PB bag and put into slot of potting mix.

Yes the shade cloth does both and since that photo I even pulled all the long grass up around edges.
Some times I might use leave or twigs to make a kind of rubbish heap of dry sticks.

Drones are everywhere these days so trying to blend into the surroundings is the goal.

Oh how I would love to grow some massive unrestrained plants though

3 Likes

Hi GN crew here’s a grow update.

I have enough females now so have culled some that havnt shown yet and strangely all these are from seed BUT I have 0 males…:flushed::face_with_monocle: I thought in natural process males tended to show first?

Anyway back to the good stuff…

Both the possible purp cross seeeds I started are female and massive. I had to plant one of these with guerrilla style quick fire method.

Dug soil and put a handful of med long release fert. You can choose what you like

Then water which I didn’t duh…
Cut slits in 50l bag mix and flip on your turned soil

Cut hole in bag and spread dirt . Puncture 20times around top of bag

Water and plant

Cover base with green shade cloth and then grass twigs, leaves etc

And my big one in ground that I considered a male but is female

I decided to try some netting for the other one in ground

Hasn’t shown sex yet so I am dubious

Looks good though and could still be female

And the sick clone has recovered well
And will go under other end of netting

Happy growing everyone