Old grey beard here, new to growing, gonna need help to grow da best shit ever

Hello, been getting ready for three years now, buying equipment, setting up grow room closet with lights, ventilation, everything. Bought some Mass Medical Pu Tang feminized seeds, expect to start germinating beginning of June. Two twenty gallon Gro Pro pots with trays, Rapid Led three puck light with UV and IR and Mendel Sensor, Can Fan fan, 2 x 4 garden stand, Scrogger kit for sea of green, 3 inch Cow Pots for seed germination, Vivosun heat mat, humidity domes, grow closet (painted white) nicely insulated with extra outlets/circuit breaker installed by electrician, oscillating fan, small room heater plugged into Willhi temperature sensor, darkroom ventilation louvers for air intake. Gotta buy soil mail order, Amazon probably, so thinking Fox Farm Ocean and add vermiculite and some other humus??? Concerned about bugs, mold, etc…so what to get now to be prepared for later??? Thank you all for any advice, suggestions, I just don’t really want to f this up as you can probably guess. And I don’t know a soul who grows, hope you can help me out in the future. Peace. _/_

8 Likes

Welcome to GN @rock49911!
It’s obvious you made your homework before posting… All I could say is don’t hesitate to ask questions. And if you post pictures it’s always easier to help you. I have not tried Fox Farm, but I know a lot of the growers do use it. I’m sure you’ll find answers soon! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

High :slight_smile: :skunk:

7 Likes

Haha pun intended @piper
Welcome @rock49911 hope you learn a lot. And stay drama free. theres enough here already. Therebabre some cool people here

1 Like

@rock49911. There’s lots of products out there for this. Some can be used right up to just before harvest.
Neem cake for in your soil can be mixed in.
Spinosad and azamax are for thrips and spider mites. Spray on application.
An integrated pest management protocol is a big plus to preventing infestations.
Looking forward to seeing your grow.
And welcome to GN. :+1::v:

3 Likes

If you’re looking for soil that you don’t really have to fuss over try Sohum living soil. It’s already highly amended and it’s water only for the entire grow. The best thing to add to any soil is any beneficial bacteria and fungi like Recharge, Mammoth P, Microb Life, ect. Also find a great Compost Tea and Seed Sprout Tea recipe. These days the amount of information out there anyone can have a really successful garden just remember one very important rule DON’T FUSS OVER OR SMOTHER your garden with love. What I mean is less is more it’s a weed it grows successfully in the wild with nobody fussing over it. If you do I can guaranty you’ll end up overwatering overfeeding over something and that causes problems that will snowball out of control. Hope this helps sorry if it doesn’t. Have fun and KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO 1🤡

4 Likes

That’s great advice for all of us! :wink:

4 Likes

When my garden pisses me off I ignore it for a few days just teach it that it needs me I don’t it… the kids can die and another batch can be born…lol…

5 Likes

@rock49911 welcome to GN and great intro. So inspiring, I am thinking of dusting my equipment off and getting something going indoors. Looking forward to seeing your progress and wishing you the best.

6 Likes