OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Thanks!

Here they are this morning.

01/16

11 Likes

You have reminded me how much I enjoy messing with plants like this. For some reason I convince myself I don’t have time :grin:
Looks good my man!!!

6 Likes

I’ve got a whole bunch of nothing to do with my newest auto run, since none of them are going to be trained, all of them are in soil, and they’re still too small to need anything other than plain water, so I dropped a Blueberry photo fem to torture for the next 9-12 weeks. :grin:

7 Likes

Day 2.

Both plants got bottom fed 2 cups of water and I finally got rid of that god-awful aluminum foil. :joy:

01/17

9 Likes

I guess I’m a voyeur… I enjoy watching your sadism in action. :laughing:

5 Likes

love your work… :ok_hand:
alpha clone …if you need to remove the shade… :wink:…dont forget the aloe… :sweat_smile:
:sunglasses: :v:

5 Likes

Day 4

Finally able to photograph some girl parts…. Red Toxie is also female! @LasVegas7

01/19

9 Likes

Torture pics!

Yellow pheno grows faster than the red. When we’re finished, we should have six colas around the outside of the pot and the main stem growing back up the center of the plant.

Red plant got spread a little bit more also.

I’m looking forward to day 21 trim to see how it’s looking down there.

9 Likes

Last night

This morning

There’s the pistils on the red plant.

01/20

12 Likes

Yo! These Govee hygrometers are freaking awesome. And the Govee app updated and it has some cool new features that I just noticed. You want to hear a crazy story?

It has this new bar which will automatically snap your data into day, week, etc… :grinning:

(Instead of stretching and pinching.)

And NOW the app also displays Dew Point and VPD! :smiley:

(Not that I’ve ever cared about either one of them before.)

Soooo… I knew VPD was important enough to hear people talking about it, but I knew there was charts and sh!t, and my closet is not even close to being a closed environment, so I never really looked at the charts. :roll_eyes:

So last night I start looking :eyes: at my data from my hygrometer… and I study :face_with_monocle: these charts… and I read :nerd_face: about what VPD is… :rabbit_hole: and I think about all the stupid crap that I’ve been doing because I think I know what the plants want with humidity.

samsonite-dumb (1)

I wasn’t WAY off; but I was off. :joy:

Thank you all for putting up with my shenanigans. I love learning new stuff!

But lets hear it for everyone else that grows completely unaware of your VPD! I’m with you!

7 Likes

No sooner did I hit send… I looked to my left and SAW THIS

omg… i hope it has all the VPD data going back to all the times THIS b#llsh!t

(neutrino blast) happened. It might also explain why it happened to the one out in the kitchen… (dammit…)

But it’s too late. And I’m too high! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

10 Likes

I have to work from work on Fridays. And so I have to head straight home after work to mess with the plants I haven’t seen all day. I turn the timer for the lights off (so they stay on), grab my bong and drink and phone and glasses and hat. I closed myself inside the closet, turned off all the fans except the one that vents into the attic space (and the outside), and I sat down to see how they were doing. I had given each of them 4 cups of water this morning around 7.15 when the lights came on. (I had just learned all this crap about VPD and I really wanted to see how they did today. )

I was tucking and plucking and some minor stretching… And I cracked one of the smaller branches.

No big deal. I can fix that.

Well, I probably could if I wasn’t busy taking pictures.

I need to go in the kitchen to get some stuff to fix this plant.

But here’s what had happened. I was sitting on the floor of my closed closet. The only exhaust fan is a tiny USB fan in the ceiling. But I do have a HEPA air filter big enough for a living room in my master closet, because I don’t want my clothes to smell like weed while I’m smoking a big bowl and playing with my planties. And grooving to Tribe. It popped up on my Pandora, and I was like hell yeah, lets make a station from this.

I need to fix this plant. So I stand up, open the closet and I’m halfway to the kitchen and I realize I am high af. It’s what I call “high-school high”. It’s not really my favorite, but it was kinda fun.

Eventually, I think I fixed it.

Here they are when I finally had them ready for lights out.

But I was too high to figure out how to turn the timer back to auto. (And I must have been too high to just unplug it from the wall). And I’m walking back and forth from the inside the closet to on my knees in another room trying to poke at the buttons on the timer and I can’t read them, but I know it’s either the top one or the bottom one, and I am determined to figure this damn thing out!!! Then…the lights finally turned off. it’s the bottom button. I am definitely going to have to check that timer again before going to bed.

Yeah it was a bad break.

After I fixed it, I knew I’d just keep screwing with it.

So I just popped the branch off at the break, cut it at an angle, stuck it in some clonex and some water.

And maybe it’ll be a clone one day.

01/21

7 Likes

That sounds like a real good time to me. Can you imagine sitting there with someone just as stone giggling about all that shit. Which you probably would’ve had and been when you were in high school…:wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oly, I swear you are a NUTRENO MAGNET dude!!!
See if you can build a nutreno antennae and start bottling those suckers…
I believe if you can get some pictures of them you’ll be eligible for a Nobel Prize or something…

1 Like

The OlyBoy Hadron Collider… I like that! :joy:

4 Likes

Day 8.

oh! hai!

01/22

9 Likes

So I’ve got a friend that has three HPS lights with 1000w bulbs. There is balast, fans, and tubing for all three. And they all worked before being put in the garage.

If I were to get only one light, what’s a reasonable area a light like one of these would be worth installing/using? I’m daydreaming here…

There’s actually third light

Bulb in the hood.

Extra bulbs

Sticker

product info

Another Label

@LoCoRocK @happilyretired @bow4buck @fist-ninja @mudman @1sttimegrower @repins12 @PreyBird1 @ravenchief @Slym3r

I’m not thinking about my tiny closet grow. If I had just one of light, what size tent should I have?

7 Likes

General consensus seems to be about 6x6 for veg and 5x5 for flower.

Grab all 3. Set up a 5x10 for flower and a 5x5 for breeding. :grin:

8 Likes

That’s my understanding, as well. 1,000w HID fixture good for 5x5 through flower :v:t4:

6 Likes

Yep, kinda thinking as mentioned above. My 600w are rated to flower 4x4

7 Likes