OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Re: Fimming: I tried to do both FIM and TOP, half of each for each strain I had and not sure I did either types right. But if your FIM is a FIM, then my FIM is a FIM … LOL …so they must be FIM’d … I believe that with my FIMs, if they are FIMMED, the leaves from the FIM’d part are growing out with no pointy tips. I keep meaning to ask on my journal if my TOPs are really TOPPED and my FIMs are really FIMMED using photos. It just wasn’t clear to me at the time I did it, but today when looking over my plants, I think I saw that I did FIM what I thot I FIMMED and TOP what I thot I TOPPED … if any of that makes sense LOL

4 Likes

Day 58

And New Wash is 15" tall.

And her fim is starting to grow out.

07/07

8 Likes

Look at those purps coming thru!

I’m really digging this little planter.

And this little lady got a gallon of water and nutes poured all around the base of her pot.

Grow, baby, grow!

07/08

10 Likes

They look amazing!

3 Likes

@deathrollfarms … I don’t want to hijack your thread, so I’m moving the crazy train to where I was driving it anyway.

@TheMadFlascher Here’s where I was going with all that. Here’s what daylight looks like for me in August.

Here’s what I want: I want one of my potted Wash clones to grow outdoors, have the maximum August/September sun, and the least amount of chance of getting buggered up with October’s weather.

If I trigger my plant into an early flower, by bringing this potted plant in every night (to sit in the dark [ex. take her out at 06.30 and take her in at 21.00]), for the three weeks leading up to August 10th (14:27 hrs of daylight)… And then LEAVE HER OUTSIDE to finish with the natural cycle of the sun, can I reasonably expect to have the plant “jump started” to finish early?

I’d like to take her to ~70 days from flip. I’d finish as early as 60 days (based on last years clones), and I’d go as much as 80 days

Here’s a pic of another clone of the same plant taken on 10/20 of last year.

I want this color, but on 10/01. Can I artificially start flower 3 weeks early, then just leave the plant outside (I won’t move it in and out anymore unless there’s really shitty weather) to finish au naturel.

@1sttimegrower @mudman @defnsmokn @happilyretired @happyhippy @LoCoRocK @chrisj @Slym3r @Olcoot What are your thoughts, folks? Is there someone else that I haven’t listed that would know if this would work or has done something like this before?

(because y’all probably know what I’m gonna do next. Leeroy Jenkins.)

10 Likes

Here’s the backstory: a bunch of friends are playing an online game and they’re stuck at a point they haven’t been able to complete. As they are sitting around planning, one dude (Leeroy) decides not to wait

(jump to 1:23 to see the planning train go off the rails and hear the most awesome battle cry “LEEEEROY JANKINSSS!”) Just about all the characters get killed trying to save/protect their brainless buddy.

tl;dr dumb guy acts without planning, gets his friends killed.

7 Likes

OldBoy…I see no issues at all…it is the same thing as flipping the plants to a 14 1/2 hr lights on and 9 1/2 hrs lights off if you had them inside… when the natural light cycle catches up there should be no disruption and of course your daylight will get progressively shorter at that point. You have the complete ability to choose whatever light cycle you want …going to be some work and you better not light up before you bring your plants in…LOL kinda like a self imposed detention for you!!!

Others will chime in, but I see no difference in your plan and changing the timer on your lights

7 Likes

I have a question for you over here.

@repins12 What is your experience with the 14:30 hrs/natural flip when it came to your outside grows?

4 Likes

@OlyBoy Looks like they are in pots. Can you move them to an area that gets much less sunlight? I have had success, doing this in the past, to induce flowering. Other PIA option, cover them, so they think that they are only getting 11-12 hours, of sunlight but, then you would have to uncover them every morning or, if you leave before daylight to go to work, remove the cover, before going to work. Like I said a PIA :v:t4:

7 Likes

YES! OMG! (yeah. I know what i’m going to do now) (man i feel dumb right now)

The secret to good staff work isn’t being smart, it’s knowing who to ask.

10 Likes

Glad that, I could help, my friend. Took me a while to figure out, that’s all, I needed to do. Didn’t always have that option, but when I did, it worked well for me :+1:t4: :v:t4:
I have no clue what I am doing but, I did stay at a Holiday INN last night :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin: :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

9 Likes

I planted a bunch of early versions this year, and most of them are going into flower now. The stretch is on and buttons are forming on most. I have a couple of later bloomers that aren’t showing anything. These plants are going into flower much much earlier than I’ve ever had before. They’re in The ground, in the same place I’ve been growing for years. You have two options sounds like and I think both will work for what you were trying to do.

7 Likes

I concur… LoL won’t lie I just wanted to say that!

8 Likes

And this is directly beneath where that bale of straw is.

It faces east, gets limited morning light, and is shaded by noon-thirty.

This is where she’ll go. I think I’ll stick her under there around 07/20 and leave her there until 08/20 (the first day with < 14:00 daylight).

By then the wedding cake in Spiral 2 will have been harvested.

I’d like to half bury that rain science pot over there while she’s flowering.

9 Likes

Day 61

I think she’s about a week from harvest.

Discovered I’m seriously underwatering this little clone. I’m gonna stop watering with the bulb for a little while.

07/10

12 Likes

Day 62

NW: 18"
HP: 12.5"

07/11

13 Likes

She got a good thorough soaking of water and nutes this morning.

She’ll spend the next six days here in the closet with the lights on a timer.

This one got 1 gallon of water and nutes from the top to soak through the bottom.

She’s getting bushy like her sisters! I’m trimming her insides now. I don’t want the mess I had last year. I took two clones yesterday and stuck 'em in some water.

The bulb is empty.

I’ve slowly been soaking this planter with water and nutes. I stopped adding water when I noticed a little bit of liquid in the hidden dish. I’m leaving her outside while I’m gone. This spot gets great morning light and is in the shade around 1.30.

07/12

9 Likes

First one is starting to fade nicely …:ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

Day 69

She still has at least two weeks to go.

She was super dry when I look her out of the closet this afternoon. She got a little more than half gal of just water.

NW: 23" (+5")
HP: 16" (+3.5")

New Wash (above) got watered twice with just water this past week.
HP (below) didn’t get anything and she was left outside while I was gone. She still doesn’t feel light enough to water yet.

07/18

15 Likes