One small step for man…

Hi y’all!

I’ve been lurking around and made a few posts, but haven’t introduced myself. I just finished my first grow, finishing up with the help of this place. I’ll be starting a Grow Journal of my next crop. I’m in the Mid-West and growing for personal use to combat my tinnitus and Meniere’s Disease (a collection ear disorders including hearing loss, vertigo, migraines and inner ear canal pressure — way too much TMI).

I’ll share my set up in the journal, just wanted say hello finally. Oh and Happy Moon Landing! Cheers!

9 Likes

images%20(14)

Hi @modshot it very nice to meet you! It’s nice to have you here :wink:

I haven’t set a journal up yet here myself. I’ll be starting back up in September so I’ll start a journal then. Again it’s nice to meet you and Happy Growing :seedling:

6 Likes

Cheers! @missiles! Your help has been great already! You also inspired me to do a little cooking with my trimmings! Brownies to the rescue! :joy::pie:

6 Likes

Lol I’m glad I could help and inspire :grin: I am going to have to try more cooking like that I really enjoyed the body high. I’ve been trying Canna capsules lately during the day at work and I’m loving them! Now I just have to grow enough stash to be able to make them myself :wink:

5 Likes

I work from home, so dosing at work could result in couch lock and Star Trek. LOL! :pill::couch_and_lamp::wink::laughing:

7 Likes

Love Star Trek, but ya gotta pay the bills. Make em with a Sativa dominant

6 Likes

@BudBrother - Some of my best work was because of Sativa dominant! :laughing:

optical

6 Likes

You’ve come to the right place. There are a few of us that have the tinnitus. @mattybear @screwauger and I know @myfriendis410 Has cluster headaches and I have migraines. Everyone works differently, but if you need strains for migraines to get pointed in a direction let me know. @modshot and welcome.

7 Likes

Thx for such a warm welcome! And, yes to the strain suggestions, I’ve yet to find that perfect fit to battle the migraines. The meds I get from the docs work really well, but they totally knock me out for 10 to 12 hours. I’m hoping to find something that will work but not take me out of the game.

5 Likes

Welcome I’m new over here on this forum as well but know a lot of these people from other forums. I have a bit of tinnitus as well and it sucks. I got it from riding motorcycles and driving in a noisy semi truck for years. Although it’s gotten worse since my injury that caused severe nerve damage. I look forward to seeing your grow journal once you get going. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect (for me) strain as well.

6 Likes

@modshot I’ve tried the following strains for migraines. These were what I would consider “successful”. They took my pain away, and usually made my migraine less severe non-existent the following day.
Girl Scout Cookies
Fire OG
OG Kush (parent of Fire OG)
Maui Wowie
Blue Dream
Banana Kush

I have a stash of seeds I haven’t grown yet, that are on the list of strains to try for migraines.

6 Likes

Oh man, the rumble of the road is exactly what drives me crazy (sorry I’m a bit of a punster). Road noise and crowded restaurants make it impossible to hear anything.

Are you planning on starting a journal? I’ll follow along if you do.

3 Likes

I’ve got GSC & Blue Dream on my to grow list so that’s good to see them on your list. Thanks for sharing!!!:smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ll be starting one in a few days. There’s a post here of my rooms and setup. I’ll tag you in that so you can see in the meantime.

To me it’s silence that gets me. I need noise to blot out the constant ringing. It used to be just a humming sound now it’s non stop ring.

3 Likes

Hello @modshot. Keep it up, fight till the end

3 Likes

Try lipoflavinoids? They worked for my mineirs (actually tin ear ,worse) @mattybear @screwauger

3 Likes

Og kush and Banana kush have helped me a lot with the constant pain of 2 herniated cervical disc plus 5 more along my spine. With those I was able to kick off the heavy Opioid the doctor prescribed and I had to take them every day. Bloody things left me totally useless and feeling like a zombie. Now I still have the pain, but it’s a lot more manageable (with the help of those magical flowers ) and I get to be a functioning member of society. Another victory for the plants we love so much!

4 Likes

Did someone say Star Trek? And weed? And chronic inner ear disorders?

Welcome!

5 Likes

What?!? Did you say something? I’m watching TV and the sound is a bit loud. :laughing:

5 Likes