Oregon Has 1 Million Pounds of Excess Cannabis | Culture Magazine

What’s going on here? Been going on for some time and was reported at 1.5M lbs last year.

5 Likes

Even Forbes magazine is reporting on it. The largest contributor to the oversupply, they say, is the restriction on interstate sales. Also happening in neighboring Washington. Growers, what are your policies on dealing with an oversupply?

1 Like

While I personally can’t speak to policy - sounds like one helluva block party to me!
giphy

4 Likes

it’s a really interesting situation… They talk about interstate commerce and that they cannot transport over state lines, but I live here in Tucson, AZ and sun-grown, Oregon weed (as well as from Cali) is all over the place… which brings up some very interesting questions…

3 Likes

Agreed, California is reputed to consume only about 1/7th of its crop for years (iirc) but, I think I’ve only seen reports of one semi-trailer being stopped carrying it.

4 Likes

Silly question but, I feel like I have to ask… If there is such an abundance of excess…Where does the waste go? I’m not a cultivator but, I’ve seen unused product go bad… (yes, I actually did cry)…

4 Likes