Outdoor Plant Protection - Butterflies

I’m an experienced indoor cultivator (Southern California) who had occasion to do a little outdoor last year and may want to try again in 2021.
Two questions:

1. Are there ways to effectively protect against butterflies/moths/etc. egg laying? Both plants experienced both; though the cured flower was fine (after I picked off several (only mm long) each day during the dry cycle).
  2. When does SoCal outdoor season start?
    Thanks for any feedback.
1 Like

Put this link into your browser and then input your city or the closest to it. Then pick when your temps are good for growing after that. It will give you daylight hours per day in your location, for veg anytime daylight hours are going up along with acceptable temps is the beginning of your growing season.

HTH

2 Likes

Thanks. That helps a lot on the local outdoor grow season. I appreciate it.
Anyone have any butterfly egg protection recommendations?
As an indoor guy, I’m used to no contaminations.

1 Like

Its called bt. Ill get you a link.

2 Likes

As one who would never apply a chemical agent, this product seems likely effective and compatible with my grow approach.
Thanks so much.
Do people use physical butterfly barriers such as netting or the like?

1 Like

I am 100 percent organic minded.

I am running synthetic nutes as a test. My whole set up eventually will be living soils and organic everything.

I would plant alot of flowers a bit away from the cannabis. That will draw them away from the ladies.

1 Like