P.H.adjustment

That’s a nice set. I have the exact same one. In the process of looking for a ph pen I came across that set on eBay, was listed as an open box sale for 100$. I ordered it and it ended being that the corner of the box was smashed a bit and the tape seal was popped. No damage to anything , came with everything and works perfectly. :+1::+1::v:

9 Likes

I have one like that its yellow but the one I’m using has 2 prongs that go in the soil.

Jay Johnson

6 Likes

So pH and ppm and moisture meters work to a certain point but r gonna be nowhere near accurate enough to do a full grow unless u have like a lab grade one that costs an arm and leg. Lol. I’d invest in apera or bluelab pH and ppm meters. U can get the combo kit all in one does both together apera and bluelab both make the combo kits.

6 Likes

Also if you really want to know the PH of the soil, you may want to look at a slurry test. Just my $.02

7 Likes

My plants leaves are flimsy and drooping down. They are not looking healthy. I cant consistently control the humidity level added with not getting the correct ph and a stem breaking this has not been a good experience. Its been non stop issues from the time i ordered the seeds all the way thru till now. I am beyond frustrated. This is now 6 plants, or would be plants. 2 germinated then stopped growing, 2 stems broke, 1 my fault 2nd idk but probably my fault and 2 are in what appears to be the throes of death and the final weakening grip on life. Which, as well im sure is my fault. I need one of u pros to come move in with me for about 67-90 days. Im clean but get a little grumpy before coffee. Also, i have and smoke a lot of good bud, just nothing ive grown, yet!

5 Likes

:confused:
One pro Will answer soon on that ;p :eyes:

3 Likes

@jhrdcr13 ,

You’re experiencing the common frustrations many new growers endure…
You NEED a QUALITY pH meter and source of R/O water…
Many times you can purchase ‘filtered water’ at 5 gal vending machines…the vast majority of these are
reverse osmosis water…Good Luck !

3 Likes

At this point, id say your plants are probably overloaded and stressed out from all the changes and probably too many nutrients. Its most likely experiencing nutrient lock-out. My best advice is to…

1. Smoke a big spliff of some good sensimilla
  2. Try just watering for a few days, it could even take a week or more depending how many nutrients you’ve stacked up in the soil. I’ve found the best water for soil is a neutral water. PH 6.9 or 7.
4 Likes

So we don’t know what the plants look like, can you post a pic. My suggestion would be get rid of the soil tester, as I went down that road.
If they are seedlings the soil may be to hot for them.
Might be over watered as well, which is easy to do.

6 Likes

Im going to look into this now. Would that in the bottom of the cup be what the tds test? My first grow and learning on the fly.

5 Likes

Yes, your drainage water…

4 Likes