Passive intake in a 1.2x2.4 tent in winter?

Hi Growers!

so in the passed couple of years i have got away without using a inline fan and using just 1 Extractor fan in my 1.2m tent with the vent open and the tent door open a little bit by my window as the negative air pressure is pulling air through the door and the vents,

i was wondering/hoping that i could get away with this in a 1.2m w x 2.4m l tent with 2 600w lights in cooling tubes

ill be using a Tornado box extractor fan
its also cold here in the uk!

thanks

1 Like

Hi @halloffame and Welcome to the network :slight_smile:

You can try and see what happens, but two 600 watts in cool tubes in that size tent I think is still going to be hot, all you can do is try, than adjust

I was born and raised in the States, met my wife who was born and raised in the UK, we had a house in Cheltenham, all the kids are grown up, we sold the house, went to the States 3 step-daughters still live there, I have 2 kids here, we have 13 grandchildren. It gets very cold and a lot of snow in Buffalo, NY :wink:

Sorry for OT, I am chatty today

3 Likes

sorry for late reply! thats amazing! did you win lots of money on the cheltenham horse race

2 Likes

I never have, my wife and in-laws have though, (not a real lot) It was a great experience and fun, both my daughters work at “The Doughnut”

I miss it there, we visit now, but it’s not the same as living there, it’s different then here in the states, for the better :wink:

I’d also like to add the humidity may get to high and not be able to control it in the flowering stage then you’d have to worry about mold

Not sure exactly where he/she lives in the UK, but humidity was always pretty low where I lived. As long as you have good air circulation you should be fine

1 Like

Ah shit I assumed it rained there alot lol I’ve never been so your guess is better then mine. Good to know though for our UK friends

yeah, i would run the lights at night to combat it my old school hygro meter hits round 50 to 60 ish with lights on when lights go out it does shoot up to passed 90 and sometimes of the dial lol, got 4 weeks left in the 1.2m no signs of mould yet! but yeah i haven’t set up the bigger tent yet, but ill be able to afford an inline then, i may use it to pull air into a veg tent and then have the bigger flower tent still with 1 extractor fan but using the negative air pressure to pull as a inline from its neighbouring veg tent