Percentage of females in non fem seeds?

Really enjoying growing and watching my plants grow and change – especially waiting to be able to sex them! Currently I am on my 3rd indoor grow of non feminized seeds and I am using a 2’X4"X5" tent.

I started 6 seeds with the hopes of getting 3 females – perfect for my space. (3 times I have done this) Out of the total of 12 seeds that germinated – 10 females/2 males. Not 50/50 as I expected. Wondering – if this is common?

Does the cannabis plant produce mostly females or am I doing something that encourages that?

4 Likes

Dude, your name is awesome.

My theory is that if conditions are favorable that you will propagate more females. I have noticed similar results… I believe its heat related. Most of my house is cold at all times.

3 Likes

Duuuude! That is a great freaking question!

Rabbit hole: Here I come.

3 Likes

That makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint more females mean more chances your Gene’s get passed on more males just mean fewer overall seeds but more diversity , not as advantage for the species as a whole

2 Likes

i planted 9 reg seeds. 2 unknown were weak so i scrapped them. 2 were male. scrapped. 5 females for sure. i do know that you can turn a female male but you can not turn a male female.

3 Likes

That is quite normal 85%females is to be expected but anything is possible

4 Likes

That makes lots of sense!

A flock of hens only needs one rooster to do the job! :wink:

3 Likes