Placing clones in tent with veg/bloom?

First home grow, using a 4 X 4 tent. I have an autoflower Blueberry that should be flowering anytime. I also have a 2 photos in veg that need could be flipped anytime. I’d like to take some clones from my photos and keep in the same tent as I flower. I thought take cuttings and place them in a clone dome adn spritz them daily. (I’m going make one that has a plant ht capacity of more than 7 inches out of plastic storage containers.) My humidity tends to run high (70-85 %) and I know I’ll need to drop it for flower. I’m in the process of building a larger space so I don’t want to invest too much in my tent set-up, but I really want to save some clones from these 2 photos. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I am pretty sure that if you leave your clones on a 12/12 light schedule, they will try to flower. I would take them out of the tent before lights out and put them under some other lights for the rest of their “day” period.

2 Likes

Wow, that would have been a true rookie mistake! Thank you

2 Likes

It’s one of the reason I love this place! I learn every day here.

2 Likes

Do you have a t-5 or a floresent light fixture? If you have a regular t8 fluorescent fixture you could go to Walmart and they have grow led replacements bulbs to swap out the the florescent bulb for under $10. If you have a t5 you are already in business. Keep your clones on a 24 hour or 18/6 light schedule.

3 Likes

Yes, I do. I started out with that. Great! I’ll give it a go. Now I remember I was also considering keeping the photos in veg until after I finished the auto. I think dividing them up would be a simpler solution. If I spritz them a few times a day, will that be enough to aid in water uptake before roots develop?

3 Likes

Spritzing will help and depending on what your humidity is 2 or 3 times a day should be plenty especially since it’s winter time. Lower humidity will make it dry out faster so that’s when you’d increase your spritzing if you couldn’t adjust your humidity. Check out this thread. I made a home made clone machine and I only spritzed them once a day till I got roots. My temp and rh has been around 71f and 55%. Now take my advise with a grain of salt. It was my first time cloning successfully and the only way that has worked for me. No clone dome or anything. I just put it in my veg area and it did its thing. And on your photos would depend on how big they are now. I thought I would do the same exact thing and they ended up getting way too tall for my tent to throw into flower. Which is why I wanted to clone in the first place besides keeping that strain going. Could you clear out a closet or sepret area to get a veg going and use the tent for flower? That’s how I’m set up. 8x3 closet and 4x4 tent. Do a search on VPD and that will give you a good idea on your temp and hum. Find a chart with the key at the top for your different stages.

1 Like

@devjyarn and @imSICKkid have been passing this one around :

http://www.just4growers.com/media/23631/vpd_2degree.gif

4 Likes

This one is a bit easier on the eyes if you know what I mean!

2 Likes

My old eyes thank you! And so do I :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Ahhh yeah buddy! That’s a good one

1 Like

You also dont want to flower Any plants you just cut. They need at least three or four weeks recovery time. Every time you cut on your plant its stresses it. A stressed plant going into transition isn’t a good idea. It will for sure lower yeild

2 Likes

Awesome info! Yes, I watch VPD very closely - I have the chart taped to the outside of my tent! It’s nice to know you were able to clone at that low of RH. I’m in humid SE OK, and high RH has been more of an issue than low (not really a problem as I’ve been in veg - but my auto has just started flowering - my first ever! So, yes, I will clear out a spot for clones and use my tent for flower.

Oh ok. That makes sense. I’ll sure take your advice.

YEs, much more useful than the chart I’ve been using.