Please help diagnose my sick plant babies!

As stated above, I bought them this way. They looked just like this when I bought them. The budtenders don’t get paid extra to deal with that sort of stuff so :woman_shrugging: Also I don’t have any money for this. The person who was supposed to fund it while I grew it just bailed so now I’m stuck with almost no money and these two little guys. I’ll try the light bulbs, thanks for all the tips.

1 Like

Welcome to the GN Family @Pasithea
Hope you learn as much as we do here.

I’m not hating on you, but for shame, that a Dispensary will sell you weak clones. But don’t stress, you are at the right place to get help and learn.
I can’t see any early flowering from these photos sorry.
How long hav eyou had them?
How long in the new pot and soil?
How often and how much do you water?
What tipe of water?
Yes mites and bugs are a reality for indoors.
More info = More Answers/Help

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I have had them for 3 days. I put them in the new pots yesterday. I take well water from the house and put it in my water purifying pitcher. I haven’t watered them very much because the soil is still damp and doesn’t seem to be soaking in. I have just put them in direct sunlight and will be getting some light bulbs for when the sun is not out. One person suggest 125 watts. I thought I needed at least 500 so idk what I’m doing.

2 Likes

Sorry for missing that, must have been lost in thought. What tipe of bulbs/lighting are you looking at/for ?

2 Likes

Whatever I can afford. I was going to get regular led (blue undertone?) light bulbs. I have a lamp that you can position the bulb which ever direction you want. I’ll look into 125 watts and see the price. I thought I needed more like 500 watts. Maybe that’s for a bunch of clones?

3 Likes

Have a look at my thread about my own first time clones.

1 Like

And these are under CFL’S

1 Like

Hi again. It’s not over watering then and thank you very much for the upvote. I just use 125 watts for the 1st three weeks to save money. I’m on a meter and have to be very careful. You can use 500 watts if you have no prob with power costs but just make sure you hang your lights higher, prob about 36 inches and watch your plants for light stress. When they are babies they don’t need too strong a light. I use 125 watts to save money and after 3 weeks when they are stronger I use a 400 watt. Its just a method i use to save money on power and my plants do very well.

Hi just a quick two pics

of my girls (not clones) in the early stages under a 125 watt light.

4 Likes

Awesome pics dude. I just called the dispensary I got them from. They are using 54 watt bulbs and there were 3-4 bulbs for 4 clones. So I feel like 300 or more watts is doable for me price wise. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-300-Watt-Equivalent-Corn-Cob-LED-High-Lumen-Daylight-5000K-HID-Utility-LED-Light-Bulb-C4000-5K-LED/206677057

What do you think of a lightbulb like this? Idk anything about lights themselves.

Or is this better?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Feit-Electric-300-Watt-EQ-R40-Daylight-LED-Light-Bulb/1000882236

1 Like

Hi Pasithea and thanks very much for the comment about my pics. :slightly_smiling_face:I’ve had a look at the lights and wow! I would probably go with the 1st choice because they are cob = chip on board and they are meant to be very good. I did not know they did cob lights in this shape - Thanks. I will probably upgrade my 125 watt. The second choice is just general purpose and and I think not good enough for Ketama and Pie Hoe.
Does the corn cob light hang vertical or horizontal? If horizontal you get more light to the girls, but you will need a reflector canopy like the one i got. If it hangs vertical then still ok I think.

1 Like

image image image image I just went out and bought two of those lights. It’s cool because the lights are on the cob and on the end of it. I’ll start out using one and if I need two later I’ve got it. I really want these little suckers to thrive so I jerry rigged a setup. The lamp I have can be adjusted in two spots so luckily it’s working pretty good with this light bulb. I’m wondering if the light is too close to my plants. I had to put it there so it wouldn’t be touching the sheet. It’s not reflective but the light blue seems to be doing decent enough. One bulb is 300 watts, 4,000 lumens which is quite a bit more than what they are used to. They were getting maybe 35 watts each from the dispensary. It won’t shock them will it? Since I had them out in the sun today they actually drank the water cause the soil wasn’t damp anymore and I gave them some more. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Hi @Pasithea and glad you got the cob and it’s looking good and like the fact that it emits light everywhere and from the end that’s cool. It will not stress your plants, but try and get your light directly above your plants otherwise they will grow with a lean towards the light. Can you bend the lamp and point it down directly towards your girls? That would be good. Can you keep the girls in total dark for 6hrs. You need to make the space light proof and run your ĺight for 18 hrs and have em in dark for 6hrs for the veg cycle. Are you using auto, or photo clones? Auto clones flower overtime when they are ready and photos flower when you switch the lights from veg cycle to flower cycle. Good job. :v:

So I thought it was weird that my Lumens were less but my watts were more than yours. I found this site that explains it really good. https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.1000bulbs.com/home/3-facts-about-watts-and-lumens-for-leds%3Fformat=amp
The light I just bought is 4,000 lumens where the light you are using is 5,500 lumens. So I’ll have to use two bulbs to get the proper light emission which is still not bad for the price but good to know this.

1 Like

Hi @pasithea. Thanks for the link and it was an interesting read. If you buy two it’s going to be a 600 watt power draw for 2 babies which is alot. Have you got a grow shop near you? I wish you lived near me. I’ve got so much stuff I could have lent you. I enjoy talking to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also thinking if you buy two will it double the lumen or will you just get 400 from each? Growing our girls can get so complicated, but we learn so much.

So I did like 5 or more hours of reading last night about light bulbs :joy:

When it comes to the actual growing part, it turns out that watts do not matter and lumens do not matter at all. Watts tells us how much energy is being used out of the wall, which in led lights is lower because it doesn’t use a lot of power. Lumens is the measurement of how much light our eyes can process. Just because the lumens are high does not mean they they are good. Quality of light is different from quantity. In order to find a decent grow light, we need to look at the PAR and PPFP levels. Most companies do not put that information on the labels because it’s expensive to test and doesn’t matter for lighting up a room.

Basically the weed plants can not absorb the light properly if the PAR and PPFP levels are not where they need to be because otherwise the plant can not actually “eat” the light. If the lumens are high, the plant still might not be eating it all because the quality is off.

It gets complicated when they bring out the math equations but hopefully I made sense.
I posted some pics below of my plants today because right now the plants are doing way worse than before. I’m going to look into nitrogen toxicity and other ailments to see what I can do. I need to buy new lights and return these other ones because I can tell the plants are not eating the light because they also won’t drink their water. If only this stupid overcast would go away. It was soooo sunny the two weeks before I got these.

1 Like

Your new clones are suffering from nitrogen toxicity. That’s causing the leaves to curl downward. The leaves can appear a waxy shiny green.
The soil you put them in should help quite a bit, watch for new growth, as those leaves won’t change.

3 Likes

The soil I put them in has nitrogen in it. Will that cause him to die? I’m so worried about him right now because he is doing way worse than ever before. After I brought him I’m from the sun he was doing really good. The sun is unfortunately gone today and I did a lot of research last night about lights and I have the wrong lights and must wait to get the right ones.

1 Like

It’ll be okay.

4 Likes