Please help: Hermie or not?

Hello everyone,

I got 30 Critical Mass regular seeds from Mr. Nice Seeds (Holland). All of them germinated and 17 were clearly male. The rest looked like this:

Are all of them hermaphorodites or is this okay, because some of them have pistols on what looks like pollen sacs.

Thank you for your help!

Definitely hermies

1 Like

chop em down

I’d take some of the pollen and freeze it for a later date if u want to breed that is

Welcome to the forum btw you might want to invest in some feminized seeds so this doesn’t happen again that’s alot of loss

all of the “females” look like this?

Yeah if they all have those sacks then they’ve hermied no good to you where did u get your seeds from?

A regular female plant won’t have those pollen sacs

I thought pollen from hermies is likely to make hermie childs as well. Not true?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take the pollen from a self-pollinating plant. Your correct @danjiel, the chances of that plant’s pollen having week genetics is very high. Best to only take the pollen from healthy male plants.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t think about your absolutely correct

Depends why she hermied. If she was abnormally stressed, and the clones didn’t receive the same stressors, then they would be fine.

17 out of 30 though sounds like a bad lot of beans. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Where did you get the seeds from?

The strain is called Critical Mass, from Mr. Nice Seedbank sold by the Amsterdam Seed Center.

Thank you all for your help! I guess I have to chop em down. So sad, especially cause there’s already bud…

1 Like

Out of 30 seeds, 17 male and the rest hermied. I think you must look at something you are doing wrong, either the environment or soil is very bad. Both are legit companies you bought from. Sorry to hear.

1 Like