Pollination

So I have a plant I’m about to harvest. The top colas are ready to be harvested and the lowers are pretty undeveloped. I was thinking of harvesting the top buds and using the lowers to pollinate instead of waiting for the next run. I would that work out or would I be jeopardizing the quality in seeds or any other negative outcomes possible?

3 Likes

Well I would guess there won’t be enough time for the seeds to develop properly. I might be wrong. Unless you leave the plant to go till the end of it’s life.

4 Likes

Ya I’m thinking it takes more than 3.5 weeks to get ripe seeds. I have noticed a few times I had issues w a Hermie if pollinated less than a month b4 harvest I did not get ripe seeds. More than a month and they were viable

2 Likes

Also the shock from harvest may create shitty seeds(not sure how that would work tho TBH;)

3 Likes

I’ve read that basically most people harvest female plants at there most mature state because they eventually die out and due to not being pollinated it kinda ends there life span you know, cause you know that’s basically that’s why the female plant swells up around harvest because it’s hoping to get pollinated, so my idea was that maybe by pollinating it, it would prolong the plant and I should be good for another couple weeks.

A plant doesn’t die after flower. It can be revegged. As for the seed side. I don’t think it would take this late. Try it and let us know.

1 Like

I’m reading my way though the Breeder’s Bible and it advises 4-6 weeks after pollination to create viable seeds.

5 Likes