PPM Samples - Grow your plants with out contamination

Personally I’m not there yet with tissue culture and all that but I definitely get it for the most part… Your products look top notch… I’m sure growers here can benefit from your gels as well

5 Likes

Absolutely understand. Keep us in mind when you do!

5 Likes

Hi I’m a home grower 24 plants at most. Have 14 now. Is there a practical reason for me to use this product? I germinate my seeds but nothing more than that. If yes please explain, if no nbd. Thank you.

5 Likes

https://www.plantcelltechnology.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwp-X0BRAFEiwAheRui6NnHK-t4c9Y0_RuojTIarOOZUki-v4cha8I2usbeGB2_yz2ibxWohoCZgMQAvD_BwE

5 Likes

I looked at all that. Just not understanding I guess. That means it’s probably not for me.

3 Likes

It’s complex I still don’t fully understand it bro

4 Likes

I have learned to WHY question in everything… Why do this why do that but if you try to fully understand that question everything starts to make sense and the mind opens up

2 Likes

That was my first thought too @scotty17. Will it harm our beneficial bacteria. I’m assuming yes cuz it sound like it kills a broad spectrum of contamination.

3 Likes

@Tygrow78
I have also only now started to learn about tissue culture. From what I see, it can’t be that difficult. Go check DIY Tissue Cultures op YouTube. Normal guys like us do it too. The cleaning part of the cutting is a sterilizing bleach (PPM) from what I could figure out. Its to clean and disinfect the clone cuttings. So that you don’t contaminate the grow medium with bugs and viruses that is on you clones (cuttings).
After they sprouting roots in the Agar you can transplant them into a more solid medium, till they are big enough to be hardened off and planted out.
So YES, Everything is Sterile and Clean till the cutting get planted into grow medium. Then you can add Mycorrhizal fungi and ALL the Other Beneficial organisms to your soil and rhizosphere.
Making Babies is a Sterile and clean job. For most :thinking::joy:
Well that’s my understanding sofar…
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

That makes more sense on how the product is used. Thanks @docdre!

5 Likes

Hey there! Whatever you’d like to do is up to you. But this would help your plant start life with no bacteria or contaminants. You can literally skip the sterilization step with PPM. I can send you a sample if you would like to give it try!

5 Likes

Hey All! - just wanted to say for anyone dabbling in Mushroom Culture as well - I spoke to our scientist and he said I’m suggesting to place mushrooms’ clean cultures on medium + 1 ml/liter ( 0.1% ) PPM and observe for 3 weeks. If they cultured well then they can go further." - If you would like to try out the sample send me a message!

5 Likes

I have received my samples today. Thanks Alot @swilson2992.
UPS delivered :muscle:

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Yay!!! Enjoy!

3 Likes

This is a very cool thread. Anyone other than @PreyBird1 doing tissue culture?

4 Likes

This product is specifically designed for tissue lab applications. I’m sure it is very effective in it’s intended use. I think if you are involved in normal cannabis production (desease prevention/treatment) I don’t believe this would be either a cost effective material nor necessarily the best option!

Again, I am not knocking the product at all, I’m sure @preybird recognizes the value of a product like this in tissue culture labs. The ability to chemically remove a contaminant safely would indeed be a valuable and viable tool.

I’m simply saying that basically in grower terms, you can accomplish the same disinfectant/sterilization goals with Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)

1 Like