Preybird farms ** seed test Room! **

a drop of water helps :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Well i actually lost 4 galactic god seeds in the beginning because the helmets got stuck. It was the seed skin and it was to tough. Choked them out. That was a kick ass strain too bad i lost them. So from then on i normally pull them off. Some genetics are rare and i dont chance them to nature because i have lost other strains because of shells. If you only have say 1 seed you could lose it. I spent a lot of time trying to get old seeds to open and taking the shells off at different stages to see what happens to the seed if you take them off to soon. Seeds only have so much energy stored and can only grow so much before they die. So i like to maximize the time they have to get shell off. I feel they have more energy to open up and drive the tap root down faster if there out of the shell sooner so they can open the cotyledons and use there food supply quicker.

15 Likes

Good arguments!

12 Likes

What light are they under Prey? Looks too white to be the LUXX.

Marty

10 Likes

Agrobrite leds!

There $3 more here but usually they will price match. Love these lights! My favorites!

12 Likes

How many of these do you hang in a 4x2 area?

10 Likes

So you like these better than the LUXX seedling lights you bought? And of course LUXX is now out of business.

Marty

11 Likes

1-4 bulbs. Top shelf is one bulb. Lower shelf is 4 bulbs. In the othe room a have a 2 bulb light.

10 Likes

I have used these for years non stop. There great lights. I use the luxx lights also. Remeber i have 8 tents bwahahha!

12 Likes

See im just trying to get on preybirds level… ive only got one 8x10 room and a 2x3 tent… i tried to set up my 5x5 tent and its too dang tall… so for the sake of improvovising. My 5x5 sits on its side and im on the look out for an exhaust system for it. So i can use it for vegging.

11 Likes

The babies last night. They started stretching so i raised them up to the light more.

12 Likes

When did you go to the little mini cups? Have you started transplanting sooner?

Marty

11 Likes

Wish they made them in 2’ length. My seedling box is made for 2’ and holds my 6 plant limit perfectly.

Marty

11 Likes

@sssportsmfg
Marty, sold out atm, but they exist.

11 Likes

They make them in 2foot. Hydrobuilder has them. There $2 cheaper but i try not to post places cheaper when growers house is the creator of this site. Its kinda Rude so i try and refrain from that. They were out of stock on the 4fts 2 days ago. Now they have a bunch. I would call em and tell em you can get them cheaper on hydrobuilder site. You’ll get em.

11 Likes

I went mini cups because there easier. The bags were choking the roots to where i didn’t like it. So i can use the smallest amount of promix to plant the seeds in. Its cost effective because i wash the tiny cups in under a minute and re-use em.

13 Likes

Whats your ceiling height? You need at least 82" for a decent tent.

13 Likes

Gotta have honor for our founders!

13 Likes

GN discount? not revolutionary… I try my best to be loyal…but also try to keep my $$$ in my own damn yard…and pick up the shit when it gets out.

12 Likes

Working on it now.

10 Likes