Putting in a new processing/curing building for my outdoor grow

What’s the biggest problem you wish you could change about your processing space? What’s the one thing about your space you think is absolutely crucial to have?

4 Likes

HVAC, humidification, humidification light air movement and a solid environmental controller are all crucial for even drying of larger crops.

2 Likes

That was one of the major reasons I went to mjbizcon was to look at large HVAC systems and fans. Interestingly I had a couple of dehumidifier companies tell me NOT to have fans that would introduce outside air into the warehouse because then their units struggle to maintain stable humidity levels. I’m not sure I feel comfortable in relying on a single unit to create necessary airflow for proper drying and curing.

But yes- plenty of power, strong infrastructure to support drying plants (my current building lost some weak aluminum beams that we strung lines from to hang product from), walk in freezer for fresh frozen. But love any and all suggestions, and when I actually start building I’ll share pics and details

3 Likes

Hey Robert,

Great post! :thumbsupparrot:

I think @Cure_Advantage_Ruben or @Cure_Advantage_Jon, and @jane or @neville with SDI should jump on in to this post to give you some expert suggestions and feedback.

Happy chatting and growing!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

2 Likes

By all means, feel free to contact me anytime, either via this awesome network, or cell at 520 241-8216.

3 Likes

Robert,
At SDI we work to understand each function as it occurs in your rooms. Outside air if it is tempered and filtered will add no load to your in room equipment. That also means it will not help you in the control of that room so it is not a back up. The in room equipment needs to control the following, the temperature, the vapor pressure. Then you need to manage air movement as a completely separate function, not tied to the system that will control temperature and vapor pressure. At SDI we control vapor pressure and temperature directly, not indirectly by looking at temperature and relative humidity. We monitor Temperature, Vapor Pressure, the control has outputs for lighting, CO2, air changes, more, based on the needs of the room and the customer specifications. If you are concerned about having a robust system then the equipment should have built in redundancy, more capacity than is actually needed. At SDI we have experience in this approach. My contact number is 314 409 2252, call anytime.

4 Likes

Concrete floors with slot drains. Would be high on my list.

I will never ever again process anything without concrete floors.

3 Likes

Robert, I see from an earlier post you were talking about process and dry cure. At SDI we have a programmable control, you control the rate of water loss, if you want 50% our on day one or 30% on day one you control this factor, using the SDI load cell scale in the room you can watch the water coming out of the product. We put you in control, if you load the room with different amounts of product you can still dry it at the same rate. We take control of air movement, we treat every drying unit in the room the same. The rate of air movement in the room is controllable, the rate of air changes in the room is also managed by the control. We can do rapid dry or classic long dry to produce the best product. Any questions, call me at 314 409 2252 any time.

4 Likes

Has anyone looked at the cost of used tobacco drying equipment?

2 Likes