QA - First Grow

Hello @oso Welcome to GN! I’m also a firs time grower & keeping updates on my grow here as well. I can’t agree more with @PreyBird1 that your seedlings are working so hard to reach that light, lowering the light just few inches away from your seedlings will help, i’ve recommend adding a little bit of air movements so plants occasionally get that natural wind breeze and that will also strengthen the stem. Again, I’m also a first time grower learning thru my own grow so sharing what i’ve learned hoping this new found hobby can help me self-sustain.

3 Likes

Right above it? Lemme see?
And what bulb in the T5?

1 Like

2 Likes

Aha to far away. Thats the problem. And what k is that light 3500k 5000k?

1 Like

oh also does the tray the plugs are in have water under it?
@oso

1 Like

Yea tray has water under it light is t5 6400k

1 Like

1 Like

is that a super sprouter?

1 Like

Yep…looks like it wasn’t worth the cost if this is happening

1 Like

Made some adjustments…transplanting as soon as tent comes in

1 Like

Holy shit 17watts! Thats horibble. I run at least a 44 watts and i use a full spec bulb. Most T5 are 54 watts. O was gonna say lift up the tray in the dome to raise them up but i think water is under the tray.

2 Likes

@oso do those come with the"self watering mat" also are those worth using?

It just came with a heating mat that’s not the great either

Im having a little trouble with my plants. ive narrowed it down to either a nitrogen or potassium deficiency. how do I fix it?

Start a thread with some pictures and people around here can help out.

3 Likes

Got tent Setup and transplanted seedlings . Any recommendations? Tried to get lights as low as possible probably need longer ratchet hangers

2 Likes

@spac3manj hey this is another persons thread. We would love to help you. But you need to go to the top of the main screen and use the create topic. Then fill in the info in the boxes and hopefully take some pics with the phone showing your issue. And well come over and help.
@thedreamer loved your reply. :laughing:
Welcome the network! :wave:

2 Likes

dude thats not low enough. Put you hand under the light topside of your hand hold it for 2 minutes under the light. If your hand is comfortable. then so will your plant be comfortable If its to hot for you then its too hot for the plant. But get your hand hot and then move it away from the light until its not too hot. Then put the light that high above the plant.

1 Like

Yea I figured I will get more ratchet hangers to get lights lowered. The ones I have just not long enough

raise the plants bud. Bricks and a piece of wood. Bam done.