Question for experienced home growers!

I’m thinking of ways we can continue to help new growers and I’d love to hear about your experience!

What are some tips/strategies you wish you’d known about when you started growing?

4 Likes

Room humidity. If you get it right. Explosive growth happens.

10 Likes

Seed starting; making sure you’ve got the right equipment and techniques to start strong plants.

Environment; making things like temperature and humidity consistent indoors so plants grow stress-free.

Dealing with plant problems; not over reacting and causing more damage.

10 Likes

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch! Remember you can grow the best meds in town but it ain’t over when they ready for harvest. Dry and cure in my opinion is just as if not more important then growing. If you can’t keep your temp and humidity around 60 you loose terps, flavor and potency! We spend so much time and love growing but it all comes down to the end product! And if you can’t dry and cure correctly you can end up with to dry crumble buds or to wet which can cause mold or a hay like taste and smell. Have your dry room ready when your ready to harvest!

7 Likes

I’m following this thread because as a new grower I’m making all these mistakes. Lolz.

4 Likes

Having a good IPM and the uses of blurples…

4 Likes

Know the ph of your water

5 Likes

New grower here but something I think the experienced folks might want to know. As a new grower seeking information or help from the experienced growers I can’t tell you how invaluable you guys have been. It is this mentoring vibe that brings a sense of calm to a worried newbie looking at their first plant with questions about (insert anything here) wondering if they should even look at the damn thing. That’s what I think you might want to know for this thread. The information is mana but that “Master Chief got your back” thing you get from joining and participating in this Forum…Well, that’s something.

10 Likes

How important genetics are.

10 Likes

Hot the nail on the head @Slym3r. It all starts with a seed. I think people understanding the different types of genetics is the most important great start. Further to that is the real cost and time you need to put into a indoor and outdoor cannabis grow. When I was growing indoors it became a fulltime job, massive learning curve but well worth the effort.

12 Likes

The right nutrition can be a factor. Making sure you know how much nutes to give your plant also. Watering times like when to water and when not to water. I see this can make big problems during grow

2 Likes

VPD and DLI

3 Likes

Humic/ fulvic acid + mykos+ silica are amazing products that turns your grow up to 11 and helps protect your plants from beginner mistakes

6 Likes

After genetics IMO would be understanding How to get all of your environmental controls in harmony to make the plant produce to its fullest potential. Dialing in your environment meaning soil, water, nutrients, circulation, heat, humidity all work together one out of wack effects other areas and your plant suffers.

5 Likes

Forgot to add lighting to that list sorry.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @greensnek always nice to have new members joining us.

1 Like

start by researching where others went wrong. Look at common mistakes and nutrient issues so when the problems occurs you can take corrective action. Equipment is key, know how you will set up your grow and the lights you want.

Proper Genetics but get lower thc strains first to practice on. Run the same strains to begin with.
When setting up the room. Allow it to run a night without plants in it. Monitor the temps how good the airflow is. Just remember humidity will change with plants in it.

Always be open to other peoples insight. Some advice is better than others some will not work for you. YEILD, don’t be discouraged by this your first grow. That comes with time and technique.
Deficiencies happen depending on strains and what you are using to grow.

1 Like

1 Like

Almost forgot. Pay attention to the electrical loads. Check and make sure you are running lights on their own breakers and fans etc on others. You don’t wanna risk a fire.

4 Likes

I plan on in the near future adding a 50 amp sub panel for my grow space. I live in a 218 year old farm house. Electric was upgraded at some point but not to my liking lol.

3 Likes