Questions please help

So I have a few questions about things I have seen so far that I’m not familiar with.

1. I have noticed a little mold white thin like mold starting to grow in my pots. It’s not a lot just a little on top of the soil not even around the plants. What should I use to fix this?
  2. I have mold growing in my nutes mix. I have a one gallon water jug I miked my nutes in and I canon in this morning and there was a thin film of mold on top of the liquid. How can I prevent this?
  3. I have started a side project that I wanted to see if it works. I’m using my left over baby formula for nutes on one of my plants. I have read and research this so I’m going to put it to the test and see how it does the only two things I’m adding besides the formula is liquid kelp and liquid fish. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  4. I’m going to cross Blue dream with harlequin and then that with blue dream. But because I’m new to this verity of plants what traits carry over with which parent or does it really not matter?
    Ok those are the questions I have for today thank you to anyone that can shed light on one or all of them.
    @PreyBird1
    @Slym3r
    @LoCoRocK
    @bullfrog420
    @stevie
    @kdawg
    @katmwall
    @kkustom
    Sorry if I’m missing someone
4 Likes

Can i see photos of this white mold please?
It could be beneficial bacteria or beneficial fungus like mycorrhizae is what i’m guessing from past experience is a good thing in the medium.

Leftover baby formula actually is good Cal and nutes ha ha.

Animals can provide milk when we make some lactic acid tea at a farm lol.
Your onto something there.

For the liquid fish emulsion there are 2 types I’m familiar with.
1 fish is high in N and the other fish is high in P.
It depends if your in veg or flower or what the plants look like to use the right type of fish emulsion?
Fish emulsions are really good in compost tea and I highly suggest fish emulsions as an organic alternative to full synthetics that contain Phosphates and Nitrates.
Kyle M

2 Likes

Baby Formula = Excellent Cal & nutes +2
@lacombe82 & @FarmerK i’ve personally used my left over baby formulas diluted w/ water and spread it throughout my garden & plants :slight_smile:

Will be watching your forum for updates as I’m always learning new things from GN members

2 Likes