Reggae only! What you listening to!

1 Like

Currently listening to

4 Likes

i know it was posted before… but that was in 2019 lol

3 Likes

i know it was posted before… but that was in 2019 lol

You can always repost good music and memes!!! I have just shared a joint with this reggae artist. He has been chilling at my house for the past two days. The Prophet from the Congo.

3 Likes

wouldn’t let me share the official video… anyone know the translation for this? i know it has something to do with greed

2 Likes

im so glad i found this place. grateful for you all.

3 Likes

Damn, I would give both testicles to go to a concert like this. Love the singers, the vibe. I know alot of us like Stick Figure on here. Have an irie weekend.

4 Likes

The guy in the mic is Guanaco MC.
Together with Cooperativa Ananda we’ll be developing the first cannabis brand in Ecuador. Brinquen means Jump!

4 Likes

it’s you

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

This one is a little faster pace and it’ll get your blood going. It’s more on the Dance hall side.

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Babylon your throne gone down

4 Likes

FYAAAAAA.

4 Likes

Sooooooooooo, @Slym3r @PreyBird1 @happilyretired been asked to promote The Survivals Band and tour with them in August. New York State Fair and a concert in California has been arranged so far. What you guys thinking?

"Active for over two decades, Survivals was formed in 1992 and has travelled from place to place, raising people up (as they say) as they lay down their jammin’ beats.

In 1998, the band was given the opportunity to go on tour to America, playing in 18 different towns throughout California before returning to South Africa for a more local tour.

“Music has given us so many opportunities,” says Barrend Mentoor, manager of Survivals.
“Through music, we got the opportunity to go to America. We try to teach children music so that they can be given opportunities like we had.” Source

Reading up and researching this band. This is the article that started the journey to get this great reggae band to play in the USA this year.

Francois Mentoor is 45 years old. He has had his band, The Survivals, for more than 20 years. They play a typical “American Mix” of party songs like ’70s, ’80s, pop, and rhythm and blues in addition to some reggae covers and traditional African party favorites. To accommodate the varied tastes of their audiences, they have learned to flip the rhythms of the American songs to have a reggae feel. It has worked for them on a lot of gigs. “When the audience begins to feel a little more like dancing,” he began, “we don’t have to change the material, just the presentation.”

Zandile knows Francois and can understand where he is coming from, but she also has the skills necessary to build change from the ground up, which can meet Rhodes’ top-down approach. She is considering starting a JAMS chapter in Grahamstown and has begun reaching out to some point people at Rhodes for legal assistance. Hopefully she will be able to manage Francois’ desires and couple them with Nombasa’s vision to create an organization that works for the people who need it most.

Back in the ’90s, the Survivals had a fortunate opportunity to do a tour of 18 dates on the West Coast in the U.S. It was set up by a relative in Connecticut.

4 Likes

Some photos from yesterday and today. Shooting a reggae video with Bushy Williams and working with Francois from The Survivals Band.

6 Likes

Bushy Williams - Medical Marijuana. So, the final production, budget was less than $80 and a couple joints ( joint roller ) for the extras and video. Would love to know what you guys think, I was director, personally I think we pulled it off and it is a great video, thanks to Bathurst Lion Pictures. (https://www.instagram.com/therealbathurstlion/).

2 Likes

Wiseman - Slightly Stoopid (ft. Don Carlos) (Live at Roberto's TRI Studios) - YouTube if you have 2 hours I suggest the full performance. Much love!

2 Likes