Rick Simpson oil, crock pot not hot enough?

Hey guys so I decided to make some rick Simpson oil with a bunch of high cbd bud I just finished growing. It seems like my crock pot isn’t reaching a hot enough temperature to boil the solvent off and it seems to just be slowly evaporating… I’m worried that the cbd and thc won’t decarb properly before the solvent fully evaporates… I’m wondering if any you guys have any ideas of what I can do at this point that doesn’t involve running out and buying another crock pot.

1 Like

How long has it been turned on for? Mine won’t get anything up to a boil for at least an hour.

I left it going for about an hour and a half before I gave up… I brought out an electric wok to boil off the rest and it seemed to work pretty good. Ended up with about nine grams from about two ounces. This stuff tastes terrible though. I’m going to have to mix it with coconut oil and bake with it or something…

2 Likes

When I made the thread I completely forgot I had an electric wok hiding in my cupboards…

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

LOL. I make gummies.

2 Likes

Do you have a recipe I could use?? I made some brownies today which were pretty good

2 Likes

I used the one from the magical butter machine. Just follow the steps after you make your tincture. The first time I did it I skipped the step of adding sweetner to the oil and that was a mistake. Came out a little bitter. - YouTube