Rockwool, Floraflex, Bruce Banner and Monster Profit

I’d suggest moving it closer to your plants. Your plants will grow bigger, faster! You’ve got everything else dialed in, it looks like.

5 Likes

Listen to the man. Hes a resident expert and a great teammate. @devjyarn kicken ass asusual.

7 Likes

I will be inquiring of his skills if i ever get my DWC up and going. I cant stop cloning it all i can think about. And every time i look at a plant i start looking where im gonna chop it at? Lol even though im not clipping anything off.

5 Likes

How much closer?

2 Likes

I’d have it no more than 2ft away. Those lights can give good yields, but they need to be close.

6 Likes

Well it’s at 2 foot now, 24 inches… Maybe move it to 20?

1 Like

I’d keep moving it closer to see what kind of growth you can get. I’ve got over 50 watts of LED per square foot and I’m running them less than 12" from my plants. Cannabis loves a lot of light. Just keep you watering, feeding and environment in check and things can get big fast.

3 Likes

Yes they can get big i watched this video about how much you can push them and it’s incredible! The ferrari of plants. One of the highest light crop. Hemp/cannabis corn and a bunch of others. Like flowers and such. Amazing.

2 Likes

I moved the lights down to 20 inches. I also killed off the runt of the 3 Blueberry plants. I plan to pick up the 3rd v300 next week. Then the Bruce Banner and Monster Profit will get thier own lights each and the 2 blueberry to one.

6 Likes

Added 2 inches of cube to the bottom of the 2 blueberry to bring them up closer to the rest of the canopy. Also they are not drinking near as much water as the 2 clones so I also added drippers to them to slow down the watering.

6 Likes

Switched all 4 out to drippers so i can more easily meet the individual watering requirements of my plants by just switching out dripper sizes as needed. Next round il definitely be starting all 4 from seed so they are all equal.

8 Likes

I think the Blueberry were getting too much water for too long. I unolughed them from the system last night to let them dry out because they felt very heavy. Found one of them completely keeled over today. I tipped it some and put a small fan blowing on the underside to try and dry it out quicker to save it. Good news is i looked over at the blueberry i pulled the other day and it was still hanging on over in the corner. Still pretty small comparitively especially since it has not been getting any nutes. I hooked it up to the dripper system so it starts getting watered and fed so we will see how she goes.

5 Likes

Cancel that, somehow i broke the stem loose from the roots! So I guess its a damn good thing I had the runt still sitting there. Guess I gotta be more careful with these little girls!

4 Likes

Man this second go round is one hell of a lesson teacher! Next round will be all started from seed at the same time. Having plants at different stages with this set up is hell trying to tune in waterings. At the same time learning how to grow in rockwool. Now i under watered the Bruce Banner and made it wilt. Looking forward to seeing her recover but she looks so sad right now. On a good note the runt Blueberry is pumping out some new growth now that shes getting fed!

3 Likes

This run is freakin stressful! Im going to go ahead and flush with hygrozyme for a few days then head into flower. Looking forward to being done with this cycle! Il be starting seeds in a tent soon for the next round. Im going to do all one strain and they will all be on the same stage in life. Im actually even considering getting away from the rockwool and hydro but i think my issues are mostly due to different life stages of the plants so we will see.

4 Likes

Apparently the runt got some steroids and juat blew up in growth! Woohoo!

5 Likes

Looks like flushing with hygrozyme made a big difference! The runt is just growing like crazy. Also I moved the lights up to 20 inches and they are all praying to the herb gods again and looking beautiful!

6 Likes

I’d love to know a bit more about your grow to try to figure out why your girls are growing at the speed they are. Can you tell me about your environment (temps, humidity, etc) and your nutrition/watering?

For reference, here are my girls in veg on Jan 14 (your pictures in your 6th post in this thread are from Jan 15th).

And from Feb 18

10 Likes

Looking good @chittyhydro! I run Viparspectra lights also and u can drop those things right on top of the plants if you want. I’m running both my DS 450s in my flower tent at 100% both spectrum’s only 6-7" from my canopy for days now, and thru the rest of that grow, without any issues. My plants actually grew into my light in my little veg tent and I didn’t have any issues.

3 Likes

I know hydro can be stressful until you get everything dialed in, but it is completely worth it in the long run @chittyhydro. I felt the exact same way my 1st 2 hydro grows and cursed myself 4 ever switching. But I’ve invested over $2000 in my hydro setup and it wasn’t really an option to switch back to soil. But I’m so glad I stuck with it!
I’m following your grow very closely because I’m going to be doing a rockwool grow while I’m vegging my reg seeds till I sex their clones. When I get my females picked out I’ll drop them into baskets and start their dwc grow. So I’m watching what your doing. Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

3 Likes