Rooting gel

I am looking for a recipe for a rooting gel. We have tried several different gels on the market but I would like to make my own and cut costs. Has anyone else tried to make their own gel?

I know I have come across recipes in the past (of course when I didn’t need them), they were simple and I remember corn startch was used as an ingredient. I want it to be as simple as possible, and one that will keep for more than a week --if that’s possible.

Thanks for your help!!

3 Likes

Try Aloe. Super easy to use and grow. Just cut them and stick the end of your cutting right into the gel. Good source of salicylic acid too!

4 Likes

Willow Tea! It’s not a gel. But it works pretty well…

3 Likes

Have you tried Dyna-Gro’s Root-Gel? It has two plant hormones IBA and NAA that do an outstanding job, and the 2 oz jar is not that expensive. I have heard good things about willow water and also cinnamon. Nevertheless, you are growing a very high value crop, and saving on the front end may cost you a week of production at the end.

3 Likes

I have tried a number of different gels/powders/liquids on the market. I was looking for something more along the lines of an agar based rooting gel. Thank you all for your responses, I do appreciate it.

2 Likes