Sage Advice for New or Apprentice Growers of Cannabis

Hey there. So I’m the “Tony” from the post above. I’ve got a little experience with the NLS myself as I used it on my very first grow. I actually still have a bag each of the regular and autoflower mix and I’m most likely going to use them as a tea for my current living soil that was cooked using the Earth Dust. It may full well be my fault, and chances are that it was, but when I used NLS my grow was excellent until about week 4-5 of flower then I ended up having to supplement some nutrients due to deficiencies. Again I travel for work and don’t have anyone to come by and check on my garden or feed for me when I’m gone, so it could very well have been something I did or I didn’t use enough NLS when first building my soul. But I do have to say, I’ve been through probably 4-5 different nutrient lines growing in soil and coco with varying results, but since I travel I typically always run into some kind of small issue. Since I’ve began using the Earth Dust and BBP applications, I’ve really not had one single issue arise traveling or not. So long as my watering regiment is on point, the ladies are happy. Haven’t had this much healthy green coloring and vigorous growth in any past grow. The best part is how simple it is to use and the super cheap cost. I bought the 4lb bags and have made 36 or so gallons of soil and still have close to a half bag left of the base. It’s insane. Like Robert says, I have yet to see something that is so simple and cheap come with so many beneficial ingredients and not be “overdone” with microbes or fungi that won’t end up helping at all. I highly recommend it if you’re ever interested. It’s been amazing for me thus far. Take care.

7 Likes

Marty, it’s Tony. Those are my 1gal pots and Im using the Earth Dust. Im finishing in 1gal because I’m not taking them very far in veg. Im currently running multiple cultivars from several breeders and wanted to run a small SoG to find some keepers. As for how much and when to feed, you only add the base “dust” when making or cooking your soil. I believe it’s something like 3-5 tbsp per gallon of soil. I went in between with like 4 or so. I cooked my soil for 5 weeks, which to me is on the short side of a cook, but their personal recommendation is only 2-4 weeks. I just wanted to go longer as I didn’t see how a 2 week cook could work. That’s just my stubbornness kicking in. Anyway, you just feed water, or whatever you may add with the water, until it’s time to flip for flower. You then amend something similar to the base but with the boost “dust” and then after 30 days you top dress once more and that’s it. I can send you some photos of the bags labels and feeding instructions if you’d like. Just let me know. But this is the healthiest grow I have to date and I’ve used probably 4-5 different nutrient lines and it’s my first crack at a real living soil. I attempted the natures living soil on my first grow but I wouldn’t call that a living soil the way I did it. I ended up having to supplement nutrients around week 4 of flower due to deficiencies. Anyway, I hope they helps and if I can provide any info please let me know.

6 Likes

Well my grow is 42 gal in 6-7gal bags ant the first bag of base is almost gone, but earth dust told me I would need 8 lbs of each for that sized grow, I think maybe you didn’t put enough in if you have a half bag left as your amount of soil is very close to mine, I I leaned toward the heavy side of their instructions on amount because my “soil” is just half promix/coco and they recommended you use a bag soil with nutrients already added. I used 33 tbls in each 7 gal. I’m guessing they recommended that soil so that users had some nutrients available until the stuff they have in the mix begins to break down. Mine are all made up watered in and cooking in the tent, I’m not putting my seeds in till the forth of march so a couple weeks before then and then at least three weeks in the seedling cups before they go in the 7gallons so about 5 weeks of cooking hopefully that is enough, I also watered them in with a double dose billions inoculant to give it a jump start, plus the pro-mix has inoculant also and the Earth dust does as well.

Marty

3 Likes

Looks like you are already at where a lot of the guys on here flip at when they scrog.

Marty

4 Likes

Here is about as sage as it gets when it comes to growing marijuana

4 Likes

Appreciate the Share

3 Likes

Hey looking for some advice wondering if anybody knows the reason why this bud came out looking so mid grade compared to previous runs that looked awesome frosty and danky

3 Likes

This is previous harvest

Same everything
Strain, environment, nutrients, care

Made from a clone
It’s Northern Lights

Any help guys

3 Likes

We’re the previous from seed?

4 Likes

Possibly, that might be the ringer, I had seed and made clones from that, but not sure, I also think back the first was a clone, both turn outs, this last one did veg longer but I don’t think that’s it,

4 Likes

Thanks , imma look at my notes, but I’m almost sure now that the previous was good and wasn’t a clone

3 Likes

Don’t know the reason, and I seriously doubt you can do anything about it. I always have super dank, normal, and sparse crystaled buds on every grow. To be honest I have never really went “whoh” that one isn’t good when I smoked them. Maybe cause I put two or three buds in a grinder and they all get mixed up.

Marty

5 Likes