Second grow with leds and cfls!

So here is my second closet grow just 2 plants with leds and cfls mixed they are about 70+ days old now, using worm casting soil along with washed eggshells and used coffee grounds and they are being fed straight water and at this time I’m running 2-4’ led shop lights along with a 2’ grow light full spectrum and this are from Walmart now at the moment im adding 12-23watt cfls which are equivalent to 100watts I sorta over watered lastnight that’s why they look so droopy in their darkness i wont water for about a week now being I accidentally done that so yes I’m paying for my mistake lolol and wishing the next 2 weeks I will be kicking into 12/12 stage for flowering…

5 Likes

They look good but if I can make one suggestion.
I know it’s a leap, but I would try to invest in better lighting. Your whole world will change!

7 Likes

Hi @mrnmrsleon , lovely plants you have there and like that you have upcycled some makeshift pots for your ladies. Like @dunbar says, you will see a big difference upgrading your lights. Those CFL’s will not be great for flowering.

5 Likes

Looks like your off to a good start @mrnmrsleon ! If you ever feel like looking into LEDs a bit further Led Buyers Guide What to Look For and Why

4 Likes

Thanks guys I just cut a square in the door for ventilation and added the 6 more cfls now there’s 12 23 watters had to put another fan do to the heat…

2 Likes

@treetrunks so a couple of you goodfellas suggested I look into lights and here is what I came up with

Looked up the reviews and nothing but great reviews…and deff worth it they are going for 75$ with shipping…

1 Like

I’m not super versed on lights, and in an attempt to not discourage you. Mars hydro makes pretty decent entry level lights. I’d expect to pay a few hundred bucks on a light no matter what. I believe I paid about 450 for my ts3000 on amazon.

Lighting was the moment I was either going foe it, or shutting down my room. It’s a huge decision and can be a lot of money for people. But if you want quality flower, you have to have good lighting

4 Likes

From Amazon.com review From the United States

1.0 out of 5 stars Verified Purchase

Failure

Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2017

edit update, I cannot recommend this light at all anymore. Multiple board failures at under 3000 hours total use.

Blatant false advertising. 900w led that draws 417 watts, counting efficiency and fans I figured it may make 380 watts which is in the range of what I need. Upon testing, it really only draws 372 watts which means there is only about 330 watts of light. They claim this is a replacement for 900w HID which it isn’t, and is 45 watts weaker then they claim, as well. Everything they claim is fraudulent and when I contacted customer support they said “This data is also get from our real test. And it is the using condition makes result different.So then we get this.Wish your understanding.” BUYER BEWARE.

My personal reservations with the light are lack of PPF, PPFD information, efficiency, DLC listing, the use of fans, blurple vs natural lighting ect

2 Likes

Honestly @mrnmrsleon I think your doing great, the amount of interest and work your putting into this I know you have the potential to grow excellent cannabis. My very first setup was made of anything I could get my hands on, brings back alot of memories looking at your setup.

4 Likes

I agree with @treetrunks. You’re doing a great job! We all started at the beginning, and your set up looks super clean. I bought and re-bought a lot of things in the beginning just because I didn’t know any different. Everyone in this forum is here to help and push you to grow your best.

4 Likes

Don’t believe the reviews on amazon on grow lights, mostly put there by people who have no idea what a good grow light is and buyers often paid off to remove or change bad reviews.

Want a good LED light with no BS made up wattages or crappy old tech LEDs? Look at american companies like HLG (horticulture lighting group) or ChilLED. You’ll pay more and great a great light with a nice warranty and awesome customer service.

Lighting is the single most important piece of gear for indoor growing, don’t skimp on it or you’ll get skimpy buds.

6 Likes

@treetrunks @dunbar thanks fellas I’m trying my hardest I think that’s why they are growing pretty good now they are stretching like crazy now and I topped one of them 2 days ago and the side branches are growing outward now… they look awsome…

3 Likes

@hellraiser @dunbar @treetrunks
So I set it up for my plants to get enough umols I believe these are the readings I’m getting from my pods meter on my phone…

Trying fellas…
And that’s with the cfls about 4-5” away …with the back of the hand test…

3 Likes

Only need 600 for veg those a great numbers you should be fine for flower

2 Likes

3 Likes

And this numbers are from the top of the canopy…

3 Likes

@mrnmrsleon i think you are gonna make us alll believers lookin good bud

3 Likes

Looks like her pistols are starting to show on the one I topped a few days ago and the canopy on the other is sprouting really well and the fan leaves are pretty much the size of my hands lmfao…I love growing man…fr fr

2 Likes

Looking really good @mrnmrsleon

2 Likes