Seed harvest question

Chopping my grow and wondering if I should remove the seeds from buds now or wait until there dry? Or does it not matter?
I used colloidal silver method so it bud isn’t smokable angle

2 Likes

@bow4buck @LoCoRocK will know more than me.

2 Likes

Me personally I would do it when it has dried but that’s just me @dillydilly

3 Likes

Hi @dillydilly

I find it easier to remove them when they are dry rather than fresh. Hang a plastic bag under them while they dry and catch them as they fall out.

7 Likes

Sorry @chrisj I knew I forgot to mention someone :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m with Chris on that one. If ya ain’t t smoking it, just let the dry in the pots. Will make your work much easier.
I’ll tell ya the best person to ask @repins12 been harvesting seeds for months straight now.

6 Likes

Is this new?? I don’t see it on my page. I’m just asking you cause I only see it over here …

Edit - it’s not a DM…how weird

1 Like

Yeah … putting a plastic bag around them hanging them upside down while they dry is it… then ya can beat em in the bag too after dried and you’ll be Poppin lockin seeds… great job with the silver - congrats dilly dilly…lol
LoL @ snipe…he’ll be harvesting seeds for years to come…

3 Likes

It’s because this thread is under the question category. I typically change these back to normal threads.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input everybody. I got them hanging above window screen drying out now.
I should be good on seeds for years!

2 Likes

I’ve been cutting the branches and putting them in a paper grocery sack. Letting them dry a bit, then removing the buds and putting them back in a paper sack and fluff them up every couple of days. You don’t want to tie a plastic bag around the plant, it has no air flow and you’ll probably end up with mold. I have seen people put the entire plant, in leaf collection paper sacks, purchased at Lowe’s or Homey Depot. You want to wait until plant material is good and dry, before you remove the seeds. Seeds need a chance to harden off. Just my $ 0.02 and my experience :v:t4:

8 Likes

It must be dry to remove seeds. The seeds are the last thing to get any leftover nutrients as the plant dries out the seeds get the last bit of moisture and energy from the plant. Also seeds are attached to the plant in the seed pod. So you have a fresh seed pod and the seed is attached to the plant like and umbilical cord. Fresh seed removal is not gonna work. It will be a sticky messy ordeal. And as happyilybretired said the seeds need to harden and cure for at least 3 weeks before trying to plant them. Try to handle the seeds as little as possible with bare hands. Because the oils from himan skin can cause issues.

5 Likes

So when I was trimming up leaves to dry I did pull some seeds that were easily accessible. Do you think these will germinate? They looked lighter brown color although I did have a few green seeds. I was wearing gloves when removing.

2 Likes

They could very well germinate. Let them dry out. Then lightly squeeze them. If there crappy they will just smash easily. If there possibly viable they will at least be pretty hard shelled. Green seeds are not even close to being ready. Ive done lots of testing on immature seeds and them germinating and growing and immature seeds are 3-4 weeks slower than more completed the seeds are when grown. Yield is the same though

5 Likes

Good to know thanks for the info

1 Like