Seed preservation run **KING KONG**

interesting genetics !! keep the-posts comming

3 Likes

Dang! I have Kong in my seed collection.

4 Likes

Better grow it before it dies.

5 Likes

Looking good. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

What is STS induced ? :grinning:

2 Likes

@peterstopp3 welcome to the forum!

It’s the process of blocking the natural ethylene production in female plants by using silver thiosulfate solution. This causes the female plant to grow male flowers and the male flowers will have femmanized pollen. So if you take that pollen and sprinkle it onto some buds it will pollinate the buds and make seeds. But the seeds will be female bud producing plants and no male plants “femmanized” seeds. This is my last resort to produce more of this strain. Id rather have a mated pair.

Here is a link to my thread about doing this.

9 Likes

Ok update on the baby kongs!

There getting bigger! Only 4 made it. The 5th sprouted and that was it!

13 Likes

Ready to transplant!

13 Likes

Lost one… We shall smoke one in it’s honor.

4 Likes

So far so good. I gave them some surge, and some dakine420 nutrients. I feed them kinda a lot on purpose. And cracked the dome for more hardening off. I need to transplant but i cant yet im kinda outta room. And im not using my other 2 tents.

12 Likes

15 Likes

Those look great! Go king Kong grow
.lol

3 Likes

Like the little hooks to keep the plants upright. Great idea. that’s why I read this . What size bags and what’s the medium? am a dwc grower.

3 Likes

The bag are non woven biodegradable. Media is a mix of promix hp and coco coir. You could easily fill bags with hydroton and root in bags. The have many sizes also.

7 Likes

Waiting for these to hurry up & grow , I wanna see what King Kong buds look like :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ive been so busy that i just got them transplanted today.

17 Likes

They growing like big girls now!

6 Likes

Yep a couple had weird leaves. And one wants to roll its leaves like a taco. That started when i started cracking the dome to harden them for the environment. Strange that its hasnt changed. Im expecting the rolled edges to dry out well see!.

7 Likes

I’m quite positive you will adapt & overcome its finicky traits !

4 Likes

Yep there already praying.! I aclimated them a little but its dry here so im kinda stuck. I get crispy leaf edges but whatever.

11 Likes