Seeds vs. Clones

Nice that really cool. Wish i knew more about it.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, hi @dlmcgehee.

Orchids and bamboo are exported from my country, Ecuador, in the form of calli clones. It requires laboratory-grade facilities but has a big success ratio. Could be interesting for storing and replicating your best strains.
Greetings!

1 Like

Would be happy to share once we get it completely figured out. We’ve ordered the kit.

2 Likes

Niceeee i just found my friend. It is preybird1. Wow ive been looking for him for 20yr! Hes was saying over at ilgm’s site that he was working on a tissue cultured cloning lab. He said he was on here but left because of the drama here and moderators not doing anything about people causing problems. even when they were sent a DM. Hhmm makes me want to leave also.

2 Likes

Hang on we can hook you up with him…give us a little time…lol… he is a cool bird…lol…

5 Likes

Nice work guys @hoppiefrog and @scotty17 that is my friend WHOOOOHOOOOO! You guys did find him. Ahhhhhhh my friend yessss. Ha ha he just hit me up! Wow were meeting up on staurday night. THANK YOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! that guy is so fucking awesome…I cannot believe you guys found that guy wow. Im flabergasted. Man gonna be a awesome weekend. I wontbsay his real name here but hes said he is good friends with @scotty17 so again thankyou guys. He doesnt do social media so je was hard to find.

4 Likes

Glad you guys were able to reconnect man… Happy for you guys!!! That’s cool as fuck @forsaken1

5 Likes

Yeah its super cool man @scotty17 Im going over to his house tonight. Its his wifes birthday party. So we are hanging out.

4 Likes

How does tissue culture work? I like seeds as it’s exciting, clones a bit but requires a bit more monitoring. Done both.

You need a very sterile area…and tissue culture medium (Amazon) and cut a leaf up and put in the medium… basically that is it in the simple definition… 8-12 weeks and you should have a plant started… a leaf can make dozens of other plants…

1 Like

Micro propagation is what most people are doing with cannabis. It requires a lot less precision and is much faster than growing from leaf or other tissue sampling. Micro propagation is like high level cloning. Everything needs to be super sterile. The tubes the plants grow in are going to be full of food and whatever you put in them up grow - if you’re careful, the only thing that will grow is the plant and not any mold or fungus. Then it’s just making tiny clones so there is a node and a leaf above the surface, and a cut node below the surface. Put em in the right environment with the right light and they’ll grow into full, strong plants.

Getting roots to grow for a cannabis cutting hasn’t been perfected, so there’s that. Getting the right ratios of hormones and sugars correct at the right time needs to be fine tuned for every plant you want to culture, but it’s no different than tuning in a fertilizer for a new plant. There are some very good starting points.

And, if you put them in a cooler room with the right light and perfect medium you can keep clones for a long time. Easy to have a closet with hundreds of live strains to start new mother plants with at any time.

Meristem culture is different, and will completely scrub the plant by letting the plant start over from completely new cells. From there you can make perfectly clean plants, guaranteed to be virus and pest free.

4 Likes

I find working from clones much easier, especially since it takes so much time and effort to pack bags with soil. I found this site and it explains why clones are better.

Top 10 Reasons to Shop Mr. Clones

1. Ultra Premium Genetics
    1. Arrive Alive Guarantee
    1. Discreet, Overnight Shipping
    1. Guaranteed Pest, Disease and HLVd free
    1. Exceptional High THC Varieties
    1. Three Decades of Cultivation Expertise
    1. Extensive Phenotype Exploration for ALL Clones
    1. Largest Selection in Canada
    1. Elite, Hard to Find Strains
  • 10.Award Winning Customer Service

This article is a great checklist and guideline for growing your clones.

1 Like