Septoria cannabis - FUNGUS HELP

THESE NEXT 2 PICS ARE FROM A FEW WEEKS AGO… WHEN ALL WAS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!

Definitely try to remove all infected leaves while following strict protocols to prevent cross-contamination. Clean up all weeds and dead stuff on the ground.

Try a broad spectrum fungicide, one with Copper would be extremely effective. Neem oil, eucalyptus, rosemary, lemon, and cinnamon could help, too, but they could affect flavor. Try to avoid spraying your buds. No matter, you will definitely want to wash any buds you harvest, to remove the residue of whatever you apply.

1 Like

That looks scary :frowning: . Spraying fungicides will not help once your plant is affected , most fungicides are used to prevent spores on the surface to penetrate to plant tissue , once they are in the system you can just work on the environment to stop their spreading , but since you are outdoor is tricky :@ Maybe someone with Septoria experience , but it looks like Septoria …

1 Like

You could try something like enzyme komplete natural cleaner. Do a wash with it all over the plants and rinse about a 1/2 hour later should help. Do NOT let it sit on the plants for a long time. This will remove the spores that is causing your problem. It will not repair the damage already done. Like others have remove the damage leaves after treatment.

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies~! well, the fungus has progressed at a rapid rate. I’ve decided not to drive myself nuts picking and cleaning the area… that would’ve been a full day’s work as well as being eaten alive by mosquitos and other fun bugs! I also did not apply anything to them, as I didn’t want to take chances with ingesting anything toxic or messing with natural flavors…

I have decided to leave it in Mother Natures hands, and see what can be salvaged. I will attempt to time it out and harvest what I can. some is worse than others. many of the more severely affected plants have lost ALL LEAVES. The necrosis (fungus) has even crept into the flowers to some extent. I don’t expect much more growth, as foliage is mostly destroyed. My final question on this is:

will smoking these flowers pose any threat? are they at all toxic? I have much more work to do in harvesting, manicuring, and curing… many many hours it will take, as you all know. Some of the tops actually look worth while, but many have been stunted. they aren’t nearly as fat and full as they surely would have been if plants remained healthy. I have researched on whether or not its safe to smoke, and I cant find one single paragraph on this! Again, I firmly believe this is a SEVERE case of Septoria cannabis fungus. I say severe, as most info indicates attack of foliage only, with reduced yields… I just need to know if its safe to smoke or not at this point. I will post some pics later, but feel free to leave opinions. thanks!!!

1 Like

here are the pics… please tel me this will not be toxic or harmful to salvage, process, and SMOKE??? SO DISGUSTED

OMG! That is just TERRIBLE! Damn what shitty luck. Ok i have to go now i cant look at THAT any more.:hot_face::disappointed_relieved::sleepy::cry::sob::scream: R.I.P.
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!
They were such young buds and were just enjoying life. When there lives were tragically cut short by complications from septoria cannabis. We will forever remember them as they were and what happy lives they lived and they touched us all why they were with us and will be remembered forever. Godspeed little buds.:pray::angel:

2 Likes

The life of an outdoor grower…

1 Like

Yep i have to fight. Earwigs, grasshoppers, and Deer.

1 Like

I have seen plenty of extracts made from contaminated plants (remove most dead material first) it was tested before donation to medical patients.(we were all ok after;) if it was mold id say throw it .

2 Likes

Lol @hoppiefrog we were all ok lol made me laugh a lot ha ha.

1 Like

You must be close to Michigan. Same problem with one of the outdoor plants in the last week before harvest due to all rain we had.

This is very disgusting to look at. I hope that after recovery these plants are suitable for use because they look much better after treatment. You have done a great job and you can be proud of it because now everywhere is beginning to legalize cannabis, and therefore this business can be a great way to get rich. I remember how last year my friend, who is already an experienced user of this staff, recommended me dispensary Toronto in which I found reliability. Now I have a place where it is convenient for me to purchase this substance. I think you’ll like it too