Show off your cannabis packaging - 2017/2018

It is so nice when clients spend the correct money to get quality packaging, it just elevates the entire look and perception…many people will get on board soon enough as the competition grows. One thing I would like to offer is that by themselves and close up, these all look fantastic, the challenge is when your in a store and your “one or two inches” of visual space on your package disappears in a sea of competition because everything is being done at tiny size, the POP and POS are sadly missing in retail and that will also need to be approached as the stores become more and more competitive and store flow and product positioning become a real game changer for sales.

5 Likes

We’re currently testing packing for various products. Here, our solventless rosin packaging.

8 Likes

That is some slick packaging @LandDragon!

2 Likes

Ya looks great I love the kids too

3 Likes

Oh man so many good packages. I haven’t done any of this. Anyone have recommendations for a good company to help me with this?

6 Likes

A lot of the photos you see in here are from companies who specialize in marketing and packaging, so feel free to reach out to any you like the looks of. Check out this topic as well for ideas:

3 Likes

Hey there! Cannawise is a creative agency, we can help you with your packaging (and your marketing plan to go with it!), we have the contacts for the bag/box manufacturers too and can deal with all of that. So all you need to do is keep growing :slight_smile: Email me at lilli@cannawise.co, and check out www.cannawise.co

4 Likes

Those are some yummy packages! Is the pattern foil on the Cannawore? Swoon <3
The sacred extract origami thing is super neat too.

Ooh, and the live edge cut on the Nug Run is great, too.

Getting total design envy here, stop being that awesome :wink:

2 Likes

Someone posted this fun package design to reddit yesterday:

10 Likes

Fun :slight_smile: And useful especially for those who still need to stash their stash & hide.

To piggyback: I heard a talk at a conference recently, a lot of the regulators want to stop these kinds of ‘copycat’ brands for cannabis – you know, the ones that look like kit kat bars and such. Because it looks like “real food”. But I guess this doesn’t quite fall under that category, since it’s not food. But generally, I’d say making parody copies of existing big brands… you run the risk of getting a cease & desist from them, if it’s too close to their registered trademark.

5 Likes

Good point; especially with kids in the house, you don’t want them mistaking cannabis Kit Kats for the real thing. I wonder what the impact would be for a big candy brand that did issue a cease & desist to a parody brand? They might get a consumer backlash from one of their largest consumer groups :slight_smile: Having the regulators take care of it is probably a safer method for them.

2 Likes

If Nestle came after me, if I were a small edibles maker, I’d be scared. They’ve got deep pockets.
It’s not something I’d do. You can do a humor/funny package, just don’t rip anyone’s trademark off. Plenty of fun to be had without trademark infringement: Pasta Hair: Creative Concept Pasta Packaging Design - Design Swan

Misleading packaging could be an issue for many, not just kids – in my house, I’ve put a bright pink post-it to all the cannabis beverages in the fridge (it says “WEEEED, S don’t eat this!”) – I have one that I got as a free sample, that has 250 mg of THC (!!!) in a vitamin water -looking container. My hubby might otherwise just chug the whole thing when he’s thirsty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed - a battle not worth fighting. Speaking of blatant ripoffs, here’s one I saw today:
https://weedmaps.com/brands/vip-extracts/products/vip-edibles-blessquik-chocolate

That’s a lot of THC for one bottle! I like the tack that Colorado has taken around mandating individual labeling. On edibles each dose has to be labeled, so instead of getting a chocolate bar that has 100mg on the label, each individual square in the bar has to say 10mg on it. This was in response to tourists coming here and ingesting way too much by eating the whole bar: http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/09/29/marijuana-edibles-colorado-thc-symbol/64093/

They also came out with the well-named “rookie cookie” that was a single 10mg dose to avoid confusion:
http://thegrowingkitchen.squarespace.com/rookie-cookie/

Makes sense on being careful not just for kids, like you say. I have a separate drawer that I keep everything in so I don’t mix it in with the rest of the food in the pantry.

3 Likes

Wanted to share a couple more projects with the group!

Cheers!

14 Likes

I like the candy cubes packaging a lot.

2 Likes

Great thread…very useful!

4 Likes

I saw this picture on reddit and it made me think of our conversation about labeling edibles :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello,
We are a custom label and chipboard manufacturing and would love to help you out.

Thanks,
Roberto
Graphic Interfaces, Inc.
www.graphicinterfaces.net
Roberto@graphicinterfaces.net

2 Likes

That’s too funny! :smiley:

3 Likes

Simple, color coded, and logo centric :wink:

8 Likes