Software and business management platforms and security

What software platforms are people running? Favorites? Less than?

After the MJ Freeway hack what are peoples thoughts and feelings on the security of these systems?

3 Likes

Has anyone used MJ Freeway? What are their thoughts and reflections?

https://mjfreeway.com/

2 Likes

Relaying what I’ve heard from companies:

• Companies in states that don’t rely on MJ Freeway (either use another piece of software or don’t use seed-to-sale tracking) are having a bit of schadenfreude.

• Companies required to use MJ Freeway are scrambling to make up for issues caused by the outages. One of the companies I was trying to interview in Las Vegas had to put our interview on indefinite hold to correct the issues.

3 Likes

It appears that Canada will be requiring some level of seed to sale tracking and compliance. What are some of the other alternatives than MJ Freeway? Are complex business systems required or are people finding that a set of spreadsheets is enough?

2 Likes

Well, we’ve heard that some companies are using inventory systems from hospitals and pharmacies. Others are keeping track with good ol’ spreadsheets. We’ve heard of some companies even using Quickbooks.

And there’s a few companies devoted to MJ-specific seed to sale. More are trying to enter the space.

2 Likes

There’s also a new player into the industry from a seasoned tech professional. They just launched and are hitting Oregon hard, supposedly. This is being built by the same guy who invented Push Notifications, then sold that company: http://odava.com/

2 Likes

These guys haven’t launched yet, but they’re about to enter the market:

Pinging @blopez for more info.

2 Likes

GOOD NEWS! Brytemap has officially launched, and we are ready to talk to any cannabis operation interested in gaining more operational efficiency, profitability, and staying in compliance with the states’ requirements. We offer specific packages for the cultivators, MIPS and dispensaries. Please visit us at www.brytemap.com and schedule a demo today!

Thanks Nicholas!

-Bryan

3 Likes

That’s great to hear @blopez - congrats on the launch!

1 Like

Great looking platform. Are you only focused on the US market? Will you be integrating for the Canadian market once the legalization legislation has been announced?

1 Like

Hi Nate! The beautiful part about Brytemap is that it’s a platform that can be used simply to manage your entire cannabis operation and not communicate to states or countries if a tracking and enforcement system hasn’t been chosen yet. In other words, using our software is not dependent on whether a controlling government body mandates it. If you are a cultivator, MIPS, or dispensary, we deliver a system that helps you schedule batching, cloning, resources, and integrate with Quickbooks. Brytemap is cloud-based and we have a very rigorous set of security standards that we adhere to. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us at demos@brytemap.com, or visit us at www.brytemap.com, and from there you can request a demo.
Thanks,
Bryan Lopez
Co-Founder, Brytemap, LLC

3 Likes

@blopez I will be contacting you. Eager to see more.

1 Like

@blopez I love your product demo video. Did you produce that in-house or did you contract out?

1 Like

We contracted out. I have a great team of freelancers!

3 Likes

We have @greenmarimba who just joined the community and they have a software platform as well: https://www.greenmarimba.com

4 Likes

Check out Brytemap.com its the first true seed to sell ERP system.

Thanks,
Phil

2 Likes

I’d like to throw our hat in the ring as well :slight_smile:

We might not be funded by Microsoft, but Meadow has around 2 and a half years of experience in California’s cannabis industry, and have partnered with around 70 collectives that use our software.

Our dispensary and delivery software integrates your POS, patient intake system, inventory, and delivery logistics into one system. We also make menus for online ordering (for delivery and/or pick up), and build websites at no added cost.

Check us out or get in touch at partners@getmeadow.com if you’d like to know more!

3 Likes

Found another software platform for inventory and point of sale:

4 Likes

And another:

Looks like we’re putting together a solid list of the options out there.

2 Likes

Hello,

Our company, Dauntless Software, has created TraceWeed, a seed-to-sale traceability system for legal Cannabis producers and processors.

We currently have about 20% of the market in WA and are working with customers in a number of other states to get them up and running.

You can learn about TraceWeed st our website: www.traceweed.com. We use smart-card technology for security instead of being web-based, so we can’t get hacked the way MJ Freeway was.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.

ddv

Darin Velin
Dauntless Software Inc.

4 Likes