Soil for outdoor grow

Hi all, New to the group. I will be starting an outdoor grow in the Northeast. I’m using 5 lb buckets wondering what type of soil will be good I’m also using autoflower seeds. thank you for any help looking forward to growing with you all.

3 Likes

Hi @baker

Welcome to GN and good luck with the grow. Depending what your resources are, easiest would be is getting a supersoil mix from your local grow shop. You could do it yourself by mixing 1 part compost, 1 part top soil and 1 part amendment like perlite or vermiculite. The nice thing about an off-the-shelf super soil used with auto’s is you dont need much else. Depending on how many plants you are growing, you could start with a good soil like below and after 6 weeks start adding nutrients like

1 Like

Thanks Chris great info I will look for that in the stores do you think it would be in regular nurseries.

2 Likes

I like roots organic line for soil thats already to start. There organic nutrients are the best in the business. I use there nutrient line also. Its one of my favorites along side dakine420! Also growers house has the best pricing. I just got a luxx xr820pro from there because it was a really great deal and i got the light controller almost for free! Here is a link for the soil. When you get better at growing and you start to use nutrients a bit more and learn more you’ll want your own media mix and choice of nutrients.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll k look into it.