Multi Strain Hydro LED Grow

Thanks! I’ve put it together spending as much time and as little money as I can manage, haha.

I’ve got a 5’x10’x7’ tent that I’m flowering in half of. The other half is going to have a tissue culture lab and a set of racks with blackout shades dedicated to a mom/clone/veg area. I think the easiest solution is going to be to put a 2’x4’x6’ tent in the corner with chromed steel baker’s racks inside. I have a nice autoclave, but still need to find or build a laminar flow hood and work desk.

2 Likes

If I may! Prefabbed racks work well but just make sure they maximize space :call_me_hand:Love the blackout curtains!! I learn alot from you dude… Your air filtration and Sanitizing is on point… I only wish I had a set up like yours!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been piecing it together over the past year as I reno my house. I’d like something more permanent and fully developed, but maybe in time.
I’ve done a lot of growing on the chromed bakery racks (everything from micro greens to hot peppers) and like them because they are food safe and very tough to corrode.
I’m still looking for flood and drain trays that are about 45" x 18-24", if anyone can recommend something.

3 Likes

Maybe this could help but if you need specific dimensions that you can’t find anywhere you can always try to make one yourself if it calls for it :wink: :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:… I rent to it sucks but we always make do with what we have to work with​:metal::facepunch:

3 Likes

Alright! Time to get some size on these girls and save some heat and electricity at the same time! GN hooked me up with a 3100k CMH kit to test out and I’m very excited to see what it can do. I’ve grown exclusively with LEDs but have been itching to try out a CMH for their horticulture specific spectrum and great efficiency at turning electricity into plant usable light. I’ll keep this thread updated with plant progress and start a review over in the correct section.

7 Likes

Very nice set up. Clean and simple. Are you vegging only with that new light?

1 Like

Yes, this run I will only be vegging with the CMH. I just purchased a BIOS Icarus Gi2 that I want to test candidate for a commerical grow fixture for flowering. I can’t put that test off due to a previous obligation.

2 Likes

Not to invade this thread. Im just vegging with a MH at 400 watts and its working very well.

The back left plant is really going for it.

7 Likes

That’s a beauty. Have you got a thread for that grow?

6 Likes

Right after transplantat.

5 days in her Solo home.

Finally got my environment dialed in. I got a bit excited to start this grow and didn’t set up a humidifier for the 5’x10’ tent, so the girls were working way too hard. Got that sorted with a DIY ultrasonic humidifier that works way better than I thought it would, and for less than $80.

3 ultrasonic pond foggers resting in 3 cut Solo cups floating on a dollar store foam gardening knee pad. Bucket is filled with RO water and placed in front of one of my circulation fans.

Now I’ve got my daytime VPD locked in at 1.00 and nighttime at 0.7. EC is at 1.3 and pH is 6.0.
All plants will be topped after 1 week in veg, leaving 3 nodes below the cut. All plants were cloned with 2 tops.
I’ve never run any of these plants before, so I may or may not top them again in week 3 of veg. Some are looking a little bit weird, but happy under their 315w CMH courtesy of GN. I’ve got an ongoing review here: Testing by devjyarn CMH 315w - Prism/Sun Systems/Philips - #4

8 Likes

This is the VPD chart I use.

5 Likes

Before.

After.

Topped all plants just before lights out yesterday. 6 nodes (3 sets of fan leaves) left on each branch. I’ll do the same thing again to get 8 main branches per plant.

5 Likes

This whole time i though this competition was the plants had to stay in the cups from veg to flower. Lol wow i was high when i read this thread!

2 Likes

I’m keeping this one in the cup all the way through to harvest. I’ve got my others in full size rockwool. The rocks around the cup are just to keep it from tipping over as she grows.

5 Likes

Oh ok i see.

2 Likes

Looking good buddy!!

3 Likes

Tips are looking a little stressed from not getting my humidifier up and working in time. They were working hard and moving a lot of water, and nutrients, through the plant. This could have been fixed if I reduced the strength of my nutrient solution and increased my watering. That way they could get all the water they need without getting too much food. I have them nute burn by not adjusting either the nutrients or the environment, either could have solved the problem.

They’ve got a foliar of fulvic and kelp with a bit of yucca and amino acids. This article isn’t well sourced in regards to cannabis, but it’s points line up with plants in general. 4 Benefits of Amino Acids in the Garden

But this isn’t my full time job yet, so other things take priority sometimes!

5 Likes

:+1::wave::seedling::herb::palm_tree:… Amazing!! I’ve been researching aeroponics and hydroponics… Next level stuff bro!

3 Likes

Is that the 315 CMH your using?

3 Likes

Yessir. They’ve been under the same 315w CMH light package as @hoppiefrog is testing for the last 3 days.

4 Likes