Someone need to make a hood with a par meter

Why are their no hoods that have a par meter built in to a sensor that hangs from the hood , hooked up to a motor with a controller that you could adjust the preferred par levels to keep the lights at the proper height & intensity, you could go away for up to a week if you have automation!

7 Likes

That would make life a little easier wouldn’t it :wink:

4 Likes

Sure would and it would keep the productivity up and labor costs down

5 Likes

Maybe you have an invention in your future :wink: if you get enough stoners together there isn’t much we can’t rig up :grin:

4 Likes

I call it carpenter weed factor (weed+stoners+ tools=creativity)

4 Likes

I usually find my ideas have been created already but idk about this one

4 Likes

Nice I like that one :grin:

1 Like

You never know :wink: I wonder if others have thought about that also

1 Like

I think in a few years this will be a feature on high-end LED fixtures that have controllers. I would expect us to have access to lighting systems that can mimic any sky we want to mimic, adjust color spectrum very specifically to our tastes, etc. We have the capability to collect, analyze, and take action on the data - we just need the cost to get the right sensors to come down for us average Joe growers.

8 Likes

I want to get a kind led and fool around with the spectrum ,bound to learn a truck load…

4 Likes

ChilLED has a controller that lets you adjust spectrum too, I think. In fact, if I recall, they have a Web app that lets you play with the color channels and see what the spectrum will look like.

With the controllers available in the aquarium world that can simulate sunrise/sunset, weather/lightning/etc… it’s only a matter of time before us cannabis growers decide we want that stuff for our plants, too.

For awhile I was looking at a lot of the aquarium controllers in an effort to find a suitable dimming solution that works from a mobile application. I gave up on it due to the cost associated with feature-rich controllers…thinking I would try to build my own on the Arduino platform.

Turns out there are only 24 hours in a day.

8 Likes

Kind already has a sun rise / set mode

5 Likes

You can also access all options on ur cell every light has its own IP address

3 Likes

Could you use a rasberry controller?

4 Likes

All my ideas for smart gear would have been doable thru one like the par meter light controller would work

3 Likes

Yes - in fact I have found threads of people who have used Raspberry PI to develop many automation solutions for grows - usually monitors for atmospheric metrics, etc.

6 Likes

I’m assuming it would have to be digital lighting gear to be dimmable tho eh?

4 Likes

I run megnetic ballasts so I can rebuild them myself lol.but I’m gonna buy some kind leds soon

3 Likes

Good question. I don’t know the answer to that one. @dbrn32 got any guidance?

3 Likes

I remember when you were thinking about doing something like that.

I was going to call him in when I read

I wondered if there were better options for whatever you might have planned, @hoppiefrog?

3 Likes