Something not right part 2

use the Photone app on android

6 Likes

Light test results

@TechDCo

6 Likes

Lux seems good and what distance in cm is that DLI reading from the plant? The reading is fine just need to know the distance from the canopy?

4 Likes

It was about 18 inches away I just backed the light away earlier because I was thinking that maybe I am a little bit on the top of the spectrum should I move it back to where it was previously at

4 Likes

18inches at 14.7 DLI is fine brother. Can you take a picture of ya light for us? Is that your light on full mode, if its on full mode 18inches is close. You dont have to get the numbers correct amd constantly adjust its an average but your on the right road.
Futher down the line you will have problems flowering :bouquet: at 18inches when she stretches out she’ll need high light intensity and what beam angle is your led? These plants are resilient so i wouldnt worry too much about it. Have fun and happy communication and growing!
We all start somehwhere.

5 Likes

So you know your DLI and you know your amount of hours, now you can calculate your PPFD to see where you’re at.

0-300 PPFD for seedlings/clones
300-600 PPFD for veg
500-1200 PPFD or so for flower

Link below is to a different post I wrote recently, worth checking out, it has an example of the PPFD-map / chart I was referring to earlier).

(OG Reek'n - Clone grow log - #235 by MrMonkey420)

Calculation from DLI to PPFD

Your DLI = 14.7 mol
#hours: 18

DLI is measured in units of mol/m²/d
There is a relationship between PPFD and DLI which is given by:
DLI=PPFD x light hours per day x (3600/1.000.000). In other words: daily light integral (DLI) is a factor determined by your PPFD over the course of a day.

This means that if you know your DLI and amount of hours you can also easily calculate your PPFD.

14.7 moles / 18 hr photoperiod / 60 minutes / 60 seconds = 0.000227 mol/sm²
(This gives us the amount of moles delivered per second per square meter. PPFD is written in micromoles or µmol/sm²).
To know the micro moles instead of the moles we multiply the 0.000227 moles x 1.000.000 = 227µmol/sm² (micromoles per second per square meter)

A PPFD of 227µmol/sm²/s is perfect for seedlings.

4 Likes

I kinda understand
not understanding the formula for ppfd

4 Likes

@TechDCo

3 Likes

Thats a tricky math equation. Ive watched enough lectures to understand quit a bit but math is nit my friend. Pre-algebra was my highest level lol.

4 Likes

That light looks like a blurple man.

4 Likes

Yea I know it’s purple :purple_circle::purple_heart: but it also doesn’t have a way to control the intensity

5 Likes

I started with a similar light last year thats why i have a little understanding.

Grew this under 4 of them though.
Back then i didnt go by readings and i had it closer than 18inches.

Once i built my own light i had to figure this stuff out.

With the plurples. It doesnt change the resding having them on at all, theyre useless.

6 Likes

No i understand that sorry. I was just saying its a lower quality light we referre to it as a “Blurple” lot of online companies are lying about there lights watts and output levels. Its really a shitty thing to do to people. We just want to grow quality cannabis. And save money at the same time but sometime you just have to spend the money for good equipment. At least we can help you figure out what to do next.

6 Likes

14.7 / 18hrs = 0.816666
/60 = 013611
/60 = 0.0002268 mol/sm²/s
x 1 million (to get to micro moles)
= 227 µmol/sm²/s (this is your PPFD)

6 Likes

Thats pretty damn good for blurples! Imagine that sucker under a better light wow!

7 Likes

My thoughts! Nice pheno, imagine her under a 1000W full spectrum bar LED

7 Likes

Was fun growing her, nice little full colas.
Cant wait for my new grow under our spectrum on the budmaster. The new light is was too intense.
@gee hoep this gives u a little hope with your grow me discussing my old grow.

7 Likes

ALL Right !!! Please address all future calculus questions to our in-house mathamatician…MR MONKEY

Somebody has to do it …I’m glad we have him !!!

7 Likes

Right @PreyBird1 I need to know what to buy after my next grow I just wanted this grow to at least give me something

7 Likes

Not all blurple are bad. Mine kicked arse.

6 Likes