Spider mite

Hi i have run into a spider mite problem with 20 day left in flower. I have striped all affected leaves and turned the fan onto the plants is there anything else I can do? Or just ride it out

3 Likes

i had SM 3 weeks before a harvest, i used capt jacks, i used peroxide water spray and i stuck my plants in the shower. i killed the bugs but in my head i kept thinking chemical taste was in the buds. no one else tasted it

1 Like

type in spider mite in the search bar. There are many topics on this subject.

3 Likes

Check out Azasol.

2 Likes

Also search I.P.M. integrated pest manament. Best solution to this kind problem is dont get it in the 1st place. Not trying to be harsh. Make sure you add some kind of pest control before. Spraying the plants with light pressured water helps a lot but not in the grow. Take them out then soray them off. Mites hate water and cooler temps humidity. Mites love hot and dry. Modify your enviroment. I hate to spray in flower. And they live under the leaves. If there on top of plants leaves that almost about to be a serious infestation. Damn hope its not the “borg” mite.

5 Likes

I use lady bugs throughout my grow haven’t had a problem in years. Some grow shops sell them. Or order them off Amazon

4 Likes

I’ve been battling them for weeks. I grow outdoors and in a tent. For the outdoors predator mites worked really well as I’ve got strawberrys and roses also. Have to treat all of the garden really. For my tent (I must have carried them in there on my clothes) I used Mavericks (we can’t get Captain Jacks here or I would have used that) and a really powerful fan, blowing up from underneath. Removed as many leaves as possible and got rid of any old leaves around and cleaned the sides of the tent with neem oil. I was about 3 weeks from harvest but pulled it after 2 because I was so paranoid. When harvesting I trimmed all sugar leaves and then I washed all the branches with buds attached and hung to dry. It ended up being my fav buds to date! Tried a bud that didn’t get washed against a washed one - huge difference! I shall be washing everything from now on. Good luck! :blush::sunflower:

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m not keen on spraying any thing on the atm im just squashing anything I see. It is strange to me that their only on one plant in the room though any reason for that? My green crack is fine but my blueberry glue is full of them!

3 Likes

Keep them apart no leaf bridges from one plant to the next. They will move from plants to plants after each plant is usually infested.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought aswell iv leaf striped the blueberry glue but I’m now concerned their going to move straight to the buds and no visible damage to the green crack. Will upload pics tomorrow morning when lights are on

2 Likes

Major infestations happen fast.

3 Likes

Defiantly not that bad just small webs on fan leafs where the leaf and stem meet

1 Like

Freeze them out! Little spiders hate cold and wet…

3 Likes

This happened in 1 week after they wete noticed.

When twospotted spider mites remove the sap, the mesophyll tissue collapses and a small chlorotic spot forms at each feeding site. It is estimated that 18 to 22 cells are destroyed per minute. Continued feeding causes a stippled-bleached effect and later, the leaves turn yellow, gray or bronze. Complete defoliation may occur if the mites are not controlled.

1 Like

I noticed them about a week or two ago but its not extremely bad yet but are getting worse slowly

2 Likes

3 out of 5 spidermites are female. They do not need to mate to lay fertil eggs.

Fourth Phase - Adult

After molting for the second time as a nymph, spider mites, are now adults and are approximately 1/50th of an inch long. Adults can still appear translucent or white in indoor conditions, but in outdoor conditions they may appear orange-red or even brown if overwintering. The adult females have a more round body with 12 pairs of dorsal setae which are appear as tiny stiff hairs used as sensory organs. The adult males are slightly smaller than their female counterparts and have a more elliptical body. Over their lifespan, spider mites may get darker spots as they accumulate body wastes. As soon as adult spider mites emerge from their last molting, they are sexually active and will lay eggs only a few days later (6). Each female may lay over 100 eggs throughout her adult life at a ratio of approximately 19 eggs per day and mating is not required (7). A generation from egg to adult can occur in as short as 5 days or as long as 20 days. As they begin to colonize on a plant, they will start to look for other host plants in their vicinity and may produce excessive webbing on the tops of colas when cannabis plants are in late flower which can collect dust. Spider mites can easily travel on one’s clothing or shoes to get to another host plant.

3 Likes

Man I’ve seen mites take down 7 growers here in the last 6 months. Damnnnnn bastards

3 Likes

Just a note on spreading them to other plants. I’ve been onto it and washing and changing before I go near other plants. One plant was gifted to me that had spidermite, that’s how it started. We found it quick as the friend that gifted it told me just days after to get rid of it. You can transfer them to your tent - from your garden, then they went from my front garden - to the back. They can be picked up by wind. But most likely the gardener himself does it unknowingly. I would keep the ones with spidermites as seperate as you can in their own quarantine. :blush::sunflower:

3 Likes

I know there bad pics but does this look like spider mites.

Thanks for any help guys I feel like there spidermites and would explain what happend to my auto.

Going to spray them before lights off with canna cure and hopefully that solves it.

@happilyretired @PreyBird1 @bow4buck

3 Likes

The top picture looks like dirt bottom picture that could be a bug in there but it’s not clear enough to tell it could be dirt also. If you can get better focused a little bit farther away than we can zoom in. :+1:t3:

4 Likes