Starting an EU Grow

Hello Growersnetwork community!

I’ve been browsing some of the threads and it feels like a really great group of friendly and helpful people you got here.

I’m a California native who has transplanted to Berlin several years ago. As Europe is starting to open the big green doors I found myself in a circle of well-connected people who want to start a small grow operation while the market is young and see where it goes. I have worked on a few farms myself but mostly just for fun. This will be my first cannabis business venture. I’m sure I’ll have a million questions along the way and I can keep you all updated as we progress. I notice this is mostly home-grow related discussions, so I don’t want to intrude if this is a “hobbyist only” place let me know. But maybe following the tale of weed as it spreads across the ocean might interest some of you. There could also be some European visa/employment opportunities for people if things kick-off.

At any rate, I’m happy to have found this place. Y’all are making me homesick already.

1 Like

Hi @Enthusiasticles , Great you have found GN and welcome. It would be great to know more about the growing scene in Berlin. Its something you dont hear about much. You lucky to have found a group of likeminded individuals and catching the green wave early. Our cannabis community is broad - spectrum THC and CBD growers. So what you planning on growing?

We plan to grow indoor medical THC for German pharmacies, and to have fun doing it haha. Some say it might even be too late already, Canadian cannabis companies have already made huge moves into Europe. The big players already snag up most of the contracts by being able to afford low-balling all the bidding processes. But we have faith that if we can set up a well regulated operation that provides consistent product, that as the market opens up the demand will be there. We have the people to take care of the German bureaucracy and licensing, and business, our biggest need now is a master grower to run the operation.

1 Like

THC is the medicine. Canadians seem to be all over the world already, but i think there is enough space for everyone. It must exciting to be part of a new venture in cannabis in a first world city that is boomming, Berlin!!!

You can post a mater grower job listing if you go to MarketPlace, https://forum.growersnetwork.org/c/marketplace/job-listings

You might just find the grower you are looking for.

How far are you in your project? When will you plant your first seed?