SuperNewb! please help

Hi All! I am new to the forum as well as growing. I dropped my first seed in on 7/31/19. I have 5 in flower now but 2 of them are doing something super weird and I suspect a Hermie situation. Can (https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dDiTlk1cqxTaZOudYN93TLSQ)
I get some help from my forum experts? Pls? Without judgement? Remember I’m only 2 months in. This plant is amazing and I do not want to give up. Thanks ahead of time!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately I think the plant that comes up in the pic is a male plant ,you could get pollen BN off it but I’d just cut it down to be honest.

3 Likes

i was afraid that :frowning: . Thank you for replying

3 Likes

Do you think that is pollen on the leaves?

2 Likes

No problem :wink: happy to help.dont let it get you down it’s a 50/50 chance.you can still smoke the leaf tho. I do if I don’t have anything to smoke

2 Likes

I’ll take a closer.look

U can’t zoom in on my phone I’m on Android but it looks like waxy trichomes to me .if you’re concerned about pollen release spray the plants with plain water it will deactivate the pollen :wink:

2 Likes

The plants look super healthy tho so your on the right path. I think you will do just fine as a new gardener my friend, and welcome we are all happy to help where we can;)

2 Likes

You are appreciated! Thank you for the support. I was ready to pack up my tent for a minute. Good to know all isn’t lost. I did purchase another tent to separate the two that look like this away from my others. I have to learn to let go :joy::joy: but want to see what happens . This plant is huge and it doesn’t seem to want to slow down any time soon. Again many thanks

3 Likes

Np. Spray the males with water twice a day to protect from pollination.

3 Likes

Btw what strain are you growing? Proper pollen is sought after. If you put a bread bag over a branch u can collect it when the flowers open u can shake the branch to collect some.ppl would be happy to get some :wink: or swap seeds or clones as well. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Shortbread! Old World Genetics. DJ Short fav is what I hear. But… could it be a Hermie? Thoughts?

2 Likes

Dj short makes amazing stuff .his blue berry is the best hands down.i love his grape crush too, I miss her lol. You never know it could be a Hermie but I think you would see some calixes by now with some white hair. The male flowers look like they are close to opening is why I think it’s likely a male. But where it’s a big healthy growing plant it sounds like a good plant to experiment with breeding with. I think it was dj shorts article I learned what I know about breeding basics from. Did the male look like a female during veg, does it have a good smell when rubbing leaf/stalk,did it have good structure (branching/node spacing), was the stalk large/hollow, was the plant healthy in every way(no disease). If you answer yes to three or more of these it’s probably a keeper;) your starting with great genetics if that are fr dj short. His seeds are pricy but he don’t screw around with good genetics he has the best;)

3 Likes

I am a fan as well. They smell so good! When you touch the leaves your hands become so fragrant it’s literally intoxicating in the best way. As far as thinking they were female at first absolutely yes. One of the reasons I am so confused. I would love to read the article maybe you could send me the link ? Btw they were a little pricey as well.

3 Likes

Srry I had a nap lol. I can see if I can find it it must be 5 yrs or more ago.

1 Like

Great! My turn 12 hour nightshifts are rough these days.

2 Likes

For sure , you have a good nap :wink: mine was devine

1 Like

Yep I think your 100% right brotha it looks male to me I couldnt see any open pods yet if your looking for seeds sweet if not I’d pull it seed production drops thc content just food for thought

3 Likes

Haha my wife works 12s overnight at a nursing home she had a nuts night with the full moon the other night

2 Likes

Thanks for your input.New tent just arrived. Going to put it up now so I can separate the two males ASAP. I think I will use them for seed. The other ones do not seem as excited to show me something. Is it true that the fems are about two weeks behind the males ?

3 Likes