Testing by growyourowndope - Veg+Bloom review

I have some good root growth showing on one test plant but not to much on the other.

4 Likes

My ph is sitting at 5.8 and ec is 1.8. About 45% humidity and 25 degrees in room. Buckets go between 18 and 21 degrees, my air pump is running 24/7. My 600 watt digital hid is set at 75%. My light cycle is 6 hours on and 2 hours off.

1 Like

Looking really good! Are you using a DWC specific version of their nutrient and feed schedule? Or is it their “one size fits all” idea? I found it tough to get good results in DWC using typical feeding schedules and amounts. I’d love to see how veg+bloom performs!

I’m using the Hard/Tap Veg&Bloom with the Life. My starting water is between 0.2-0.4.

1 Like

Nice work so far. Any impressions yet?

1 Like

I have done a nutrients change on the test plants, buckets were pretty clear this time. I have set the ph at 5.8 and ec of 1.9. The only thing added to the water was Veg+Bloom and Life and ph down.

5 Likes

All looks good so far, a little slow to start but that could be that I’m new to deep water culture. Everything seems to be growing in a uniform fashion. I have topped the buckets a couple times and sprayed with push. Trying to keep my ph around 5.8 and ec at 1.8 . I have turned my light up to 100% as the temperatures outside are falling and no

longer need to place ice bottles in buckets.

3 Likes

The girls have another 3 weeks before I place them in the bloom room, this is when the magic begins to happen. The Veg-Bloom looks to be doing the same job as the Botanicare line I’m using as well and at a fraction of the cost.

1 Like

I have done another nutrients change on all buckets, keeping ec at 1.8 and ph at 5.8. I have had to change out some air stones because of clogging. It appears that one of the veg+bloom test plants is doing better then all the rest of the plants in the room.

5 Likes

I have some bad news. As a new grower to deep water culture, I have lost 2 plants so far and may lose 1 more from root rot. Unfortunately 1 of the plants was a test but I still have 1 more running Veg+Bloom. I am pretty sure I had my water levels up to high in a few buckets and caused it. I have now changed to fresh nutrients set to e.c of 1.3 and ph at 5.8. Also added enzymes.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Fresh nutrients change yesterday, keeping all readings and levels as before. I did lose the third plant to root rot as well but not a test plant. The one plant using Veg+Bloom is by far the one with the most growth on top and bottom. I have had to introduce lady bugs into my grow rooms as I have an infestation of aphids in my bloom room and cannot spray anything on them safely.

2 Likes

This plant is truly doing amazing. I have done a nutrients change yesterday starting the transition from veg to bloom. My ec is around 2 and ph around 5.7. They will be going into bloom room next week.

7 Likes

The girls are in the bloom room now for the next 65 days.

8 Likes

They are sitting under 2 1000 watt MH lights, breathing a CO2 supply. Temps will stay around 28 degrees and RH at around 45%.

5 Likes

Another nutrients change last light. I bumped up my ec to 2.0 and ph at 5.8. I seam to have more root growth in the last few day’s then I ever got over the last 8 weeks.

Also I mentioned that I was using 2 1000 watt MH, sorry I’m using 2 1000 watt dimming HPS in bloom room.

6 Likes

Wish I had the duckett’s for that ,:+1::+1:

@esoteric DWC kits can be built at $75 for a 4x 3 gallon site. Lights are gonna cost you the most.

1 Like

Over time I thought the cost Might be up their cause of food for the plants

This DWC system cost me around $400 to set up ( buckets, lids, clay pellets, air pump, air line and air stones). I started with 8 buckets, I’m down to 5 due to some problems. Lights can get very expensive depending on what you want to use and how much you want to use. I go through a 20 pound CO2 tank about every 3 weeks in my bloom room. Just do some research and shop around. These are some of the products that I’m using.

2 Likes