Testing by NRB - Ceramic MH 315w CMH Optimum Performance Package Week 4

End of week 4

Well we have reached the end of week 4 and as you can see the plants have grown and look very full and are ready to go into the flower stage. What will be unique here is I would normally be changing out the high-performance bulb, or the Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315/930 bulb and replacing it with a Philips Master 3100K GreenPower Elite Agro CMH Lamp, 315 Watt. This is what I would normally do, but for testing purposes I am going to stay with the Philips 315/930. This should be interesting to observe.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prism Lighting Science Test Lab

A post was merged into an existing topic: Testing by NRB

Week 1

Hello Growers network

I’ve set up the Ceramic MH 315w CMH Optimum Performance Package light that Growers Network has supplied me for testing. In this journal we’ll discuss the pros and the cons about this 315 CMH light.

191015_week_1.docx (404.8 KB)

This is a 2ft x 3ft room, we’ll be placing 3 plants in 1-gallon pots and following the growth of these plants using this light fixture and a Philips Master Green Power “Elite Agro” 315W/930 Bulb.

9 Likes

Friday Nov. 15 2019

End of Week 3, as you can see major growth is occurring as you can see at the end of week 3 the plants have grown 1 1/2 inches taller. If you view the picture closely you will notice that there is a 36 inch ruler behind the plants (Because the ruler numbers are colored orange it is difficult to see). This allows me to pass information to you about how tall the plants grow in a weeks time.

I would like to discuss the Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315/930 bulb that accompanied the CMH 315 OPP (Optimum Performance Package). I personally use these bulbs and am a big fan, BUT I have run into issues with this bulb for no other reason but to consider that I just received a defective bulb. On Wed. Nov. 13th while checking on the progress of the plants and feeding schedule. I quickly noticed that the light was not on. I checked the timer and then made sure there was power going to the ballast and then to the light fixture. All seemed perfectly intact. I then removed the light and inspected it for anomalies. I quickly noticed a darker grayish color on the area of the light around the socket is located and inside the actual bulb itself. I then retrieved another bulb from ones that I had purchased and replaced the existing bulb with a new Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315W/930 and turned on the unit. The CMH 315 OPP (Optimum Performance Package) came to life and there has not been an issue with it since the replacement. I want to reiterate I use these bulbs I like them, but in the last three years I have only replaced one other that appeared to have the same issue.

8 Likes

Friday Nov. 15 2019

End of Week 3, as you can see major growth is occurring as you can see at the end of week 3 the plants have grown 1 1/2 inches taller. If you view the picture closely you will notice that there is a 36 inch ruler behind the plants (Because the ruler numbers are colored orange it is difficult to see). This allows me to pass information to you about how tall the plants grow in a weeks time.

I would like to discuss the Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315/930 bulb that accompanied the CMH 315 OPP (Optimum Performance Package). I personally use these bulbs and am a big fan, BUT I have run into issues with this bulb for no other reason but to consider that I just received a defective bulb. On Wed. Nov. 13th while checking on the progress of the plants and feeding schedule. I quickly noticed that the light was not on. I checked the timer and then made sure there was power going to the ballast and then to the light fixture. All seemed perfectly intact. I then removed the light and inspected it for anomalies. I quickly noticed a darker grayish color on the area of the light around the socket is located and inside the actual bulb itself. I then retrieved another bulb from ones that I had purchased and replaced the existing bulb with a new Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315W/930 and turned on the unit. The CMH 315 OPP (Optimum Performance Package) came to life and there has not been an issue with it since the replacement. I want to reiterate I use these bulbs I like them, but in the last three years I have only replaced one other that appeared to have the same issue.

8 Likes

End of week 4

Well we have reached the end of week 4 and as you can see the plants have grown and look very full and are ready to go into the flower stage. What will be unique here is I would normally be changing out the high-performance bulb, or the Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315/930 bulb and replacing it with a Philips Master 3100K GreenPower Elite Agro CMH Lamp, 315 Watt. This is what I would normally do, but for testing purposes I am going to stay with the Philips 315/930. This should be interesting to observe.

6 Likes

End of week 4

4 Likes

End of week 4

6 Likes

Friday Nov. 15 2019

6 Likes

Friday Nov. 15 2019

7 Likes