Hi

Any ideas how far I am from harvest?

S20200610_003
S20200610_006
S20200610_004
S20200610_005
S20200610_002

6 Likes

I think a few more dayz are you looking for highest thc content? If so jus wait till over 90% of your trichomes are milky white that will be a pefect time

What about brown trichomes? Some say there must be some % of brown trichomes as well?

1 Like

@philosopher It honestly depends on personal preference.

Good rule of thumb is between a quarter and half of the trichomes turning amber, never more than that, the rest should me a milky white. I would give it a few more days, but keep a close eye on it. Congrats on the microscope, it’s a useful piece of gear.

Milky means more psychoactive elements, the further amber it gets the more “body feels” it produces.

All the best!

Thanks! Can’t wait for my first harvest:)))

One thing I have found and read was when you think you are ready wait another week.

1 Like

1-2 weeks should be good

Especially for your first harvest. Nothing worse then harvesting to early and not getting the potency you were hoping for

:))) I think with the microscope it is easy and precise to determine when it’s ready…:slight_smile:

Hmm… Some say I am few days before harvest, some say 1-2 weeks…
I think I will wait some trichomes to get amber colour and then think about harvest.

1 Like

Amazing shots!

2 Likes

It really depends on what you want out of the smoke. If you wait longer it will be more of a psychoactive high, blurred vision, glued to the couch. If you do it earlier it’ll be more of a controllable high

Either way it looks like you could harvest today. Did you flush? If not you might want to think about doing that

@philosopher What kinda microscope is that?
Ya not yet, see handful of ambering, some cloudy, more clouding, nd mostly clear.
Nice photos, super clear n crisp :sunglasses::+1:

Hey @philosopher
What Microscope are you using?
What is the magnification used for the photos?

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hi

I used Redleaf RDM - 11600U. 1600 magnification. Bought in internet 22 EUR.

3 Likes

Awesome pictures the microscope provides. I think it also does video?

Yes, video as well, just have not tried it yet. But not sure about video as microscope is sensitive and was not easy to get focus for photos.

I have the same one…

1 Like

I remember the first models were very decent, you could get cool videos of mites etc. Try it out, the technology has improved massively over the last decade. Funny enough I used to supply these models of microscopes and bulk epsom salts to our only local indoor shop about over 10 years ago.

1 Like