Testing Preybirds’ Runtz x Slapz Gals

Harvested the first clone crop of the Runtz x Slapz today.

The buds are absolutely dense and solid.

All are hanging on the rack, zero trim. For the first day, I keep RH higher than normal AND keep air moving , but, NOT blowing directly on the plants.

The tent has been cleaned and refilled with the second round of clones from the same @PreyBird1 Runtz x Slapz that have been treated with Bob’s @TheMadFlascher BudBusterPro.

They will get a day or two to get acclimated and light intensity will get gradually increased. Transplanting into seven gallon fabric pots will take place by mid-week, and, looking to transition to flower by next week.

16 Likes

Damn those plants look fabulous. Man nice harvest this time also. :+1::sunglasses::fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes

Just beautiful Chris ! Not sure how much more you can improve…but I know you’re going to continue to push the limits !!!

There is no doubt in my mind you have done a GREAT JOB utilizing BBP to get the best quality and yields out of your girls! I REALLY like that 7 day schedule and it appears to have worked wonderfully for you !

Can’t wait to see what @PreyBird1 ( genetic maestro) can do with a little additional ‘magic’ !!

I’m also fascinated with ravenchief’s ZERO DEFOLIATION grow currently underway. From the plant phsyology standpoint, I’ve always understood we supply nuets to the roots, the roots stimulate and feed the leaves, and the leaves are the MACHINE that feeds the buds, fruits, and flowers.

I certainly understand the need (in many indoor grows) for air circulation…but it’s always made sense to me to keep foliage density at it’s max as far as bud development goes! That’s the beauty of cannabis culture, there’s always more to learn !

11 Likes

I have this
Triacontanol and
Brassinolide
And a few other auxins im playing with. Im still curios about whats in bbp. Trade secrets i know but man exciting stuff!

9 Likes

You know Prey I’ll be honest with you…tissue culture is just not going to happen without PGR’s, however even where they are labeled in commercial crops, they are not widely used, because of terribly inconsistent results. In many cases environmental conditions like temperature (day/night fluctuations), humidity, stage of development…will give widely variable responses. You are well aware that even IAA (Indole aceticacid) must be in very specific ppm ranges… a little bit more is toxic. It just seems that man’s way of trying to force these hormones down the plant’s throat doesn’t really show much respect for mother nature !

She is a benevolent, multifaceted, and astounding creature…if I tickle her just so, sometimes she gives me a sneak peak! …and that’s all I’m gonna say about that…Forrest Gump

8 Likes

Lol i just try to understand completely why? Its a sickness that I have lol.

6 Likes

No, that’s what makes you great prey…curiosity is in human nature and is insatiable for scientific minds !!

7 Likes

The third clones that just refilled the tent get sprayed with BBP tomorrow. I hope to flip next Sunday.

I have some blueberry clones on which I’m going to test the Ventana Plant Science nutrients, along with BBP. They just grew enough leaves that they will enter the cycle on Sunday with the others.

As to defoliation: Strange thing I’ve noticed using BBP and defoliation. When defoliating while still FIRMLY in veg state, the plant bounces right back. I would spray on Sunday and pull a few leaves on Thursday. I should add that I do not do any extreme “this guys method or that guys method” but defoliate to allow air circulation and light penetration. HERE is the strange part: Once the plants went into flower, I did NOT defoliate either the Runtz pics just posted, nor the blueberry posted in the BudBusterPro thread. They were not heavily defoliated before flip either. I like my plants to recover after anything, one stressor at a time! It seems, at least for me, that really pushing light and nutrients might have helped facilitate the plant deriving all the necessary sugar/chlorophyll production from the bract leaves. On both examples, very few fan leaves grew after the flip. The plants never showed any signs that they were not getting what they needed and yield was really good. EDIT: I think the BBP facilitated the whole process.

What do you think?

9 Likes

Thanks!

Your seeds and Bob’s spray, with some love on my end seems to really produce some pretty purple gals.

7 Likes

Chris, Your observations are of the utmost importance…

Makes sense to me…I’ll explain but the explanation may be a little long-winded ! (What else is new?!)
Fan Leaves are a botanical expression of ‘luxury consumption’ remember when flower/bud formation begins there is a tremendous demand for metabolism and translocation of nutrients from the leaves to the flower/bud/fruit tissue. In veg those demands are not present so the plant expands the apical meristem and then grows huge leaves with the excess energy. You have probably noticed the same phenomenon when you prune some wood out of a tree…the following season you get some new vigorous suckers with leaves twice normal size…luxury consumption.

If you remove those fan leaves just prior to bloom, your remaining leaves are going ‘pedal to the metal’ to satisfy the bud demand and are most unlikely to have the excess energy to invest it in fan leaves !
Because we are treating with BBP, we are increasing the nutrient demand with additional budsites…so that again would seem to eliminate most luxury consumption !

8 Likes

Well my observation as far as defoliation on indoor plants is that all the light comes from above. On outdoor plants get sun or light from 180° more or less. This allows light penetration from the lower sides And through the top. When you’re growing indoor all your light is coming from the top. So leaving all the leaves inside and on the lower part of the plant are just excess baggage. A lot of times they’re very light green from lack of light sometimes they turn brown and wilt up. When that happens and it’s left unattended it leaves a place for undesirable things to grow bugs/disease. Also the fact that all of the flower inside the plant that doesn’t get any sun is fluffy less desirable flower. I am also very interested to see how Ravenchiefs grow turns out.

I’ve tried a lot of different ways of defoliation. I’ve come to the conclusion from my experimentation that the only bad way to defoliate, is to not do it. Although I have not tried this indoor I have outdoor. And on my outdoor that I tried it on I wound up with almost half my weight being fluffy hard to trim flower. And a whole lot more work cleaning up and trimming at harvest. This wasn’t a very pleasant experience.

9 Likes

Transplantation complete, defoliate a little tomorrow, change lights on Friday, spray with BudBusterPro Friday night. These are clones of clones.

14 Likes

Looking nice Chris…you’re makin this look too easy !!

8 Likes

Last grow I had done the week of introduction with light change and it did amazing each day an hr less till 12/12. Darkness I did a 36hr darkness before harvest will have to try the less light for sure this time around.

6 Likes

Dried, trimmed, curing

35 ounces of great, prime bud, 980.4 grams

16 Likes

… sweet…:+1:t3:

7 Likes

Great feeling isn’t it? Great job!!

7 Likes

That’s some good looking flower

8 Likes

How many plants? Looks great!!!

5 Likes

Damn man getting quite the haul of flower. Looks delicious my friend great job! I getting ready to pull down 15 strains. Just in time for my new trimmer to arrive! To do a test run of wet trimmed buds using a way over priced table lawnmower.

5 Likes