Testing Preybirds’ Runtz x Slapz Gals

My slapz clone is on day 26 of flower =)

6 Likes

@wow_arizona
I can and actually did a late pollination to the original mother on some lower branches and made a few seeds as she was finishing her flowering. I can time it to where The seeds finished before the plants buds. And i actually had the new prodigy growing before the final mother completely finished her flowering. And i still have that cut growing still. Ill clone the mother again and flower the stock plant off and continue to perma clone like i do. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I am enjoying your Runtz so much that I have yet to grow the others I got from you!

8 Likes

Its been my favorite strain since 2018. My favorite at the time was granddaddy purple.

7 Likes

Got to love grandaddy purp, it’s one of my favorites, great job on the seeds ,cloning, and everything . That’s something being able to produce the seeds like that before the plant starts flowering

6 Likes

Flowering: Day Thirty-eight

@PreyBird1 Runtz x Slapz (first clones) treated with Bob’s @TheMadFlascher BudBusterPro from when they were cloned through to flower. I think Prey’s genetics are quite incredible AND combined with bob’s product, I can see greater stacking already. The quality of the bud (first grow) was/is soooooo fine. I expect nothing but greatness from this round. (I have a third round going of these, too, in a veg tent.) Thanks for the knowledge and help, guys!

16 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for the kind words. I love coming here to GN to learn more. So ive been hanging around in a breeders forum and man i have been having a blast learning all i can. I cant go to school to become a horticulturalist or to earn any degrees because of my career choice. But i enjoy talking with people smarter than i am. And breeders are a favorite of mine to talk with. So as i learn more i try and pass it along here in this awesome forum. I mean i cant have the conversations i want to have because 1. People have no clue what im saying. And 2. I need to talk to people about this who KNOW what there talking about. And i can only have those conversations here with other knowlgeable people. I wouldn’t know the people i know or have the access i have to genetics i do now. without this forum. G.N. is a jewel…And it was awesome to find this place!

14 Likes

Everything looking good! :facepunch:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

@PreyBird1 , Damn how can I say this?.. You’re obviously a talented individual…persue your passion !

You have the internet…one thing about it is there is very little in the way of research papers that you can’t access. Don’t understand some of the terminology…you have Wikipedia…

I’ve said it before…if you have God given talents, perserverance, and a passion, there really isn’t much stopping you. It may take awhile but it’s a building process. I think as you build your reputation you are going to have access to some very intelligent people involved with cannabis genetics…I can imagine many have been where you are at now…and there has to be some out there that can share principles with you and accelerate your learning curve…

Don’t ever equate intelligence with a college degree…I’ not even going to go there!!

13 Likes

Day forty-eight, heavy frost

19 Likes

@wow_arizona very nice ladies you have there and you definitely earned the WOW in your name, how much longer you letting them go for great job :clap:t4: :clap:t4: well deserved round of applause keep up the good work.

7 Likes

I am looking at a goal of seventy days. The trichomes are all pretty clear right now, so, it seems the time frame is realistic.

9 Likes

You can always take another hour off flowering time. So give them an extra hour of darkness it will help speed up the ripening.

8 Likes

It makes perfect sense. I haven’t thought about it. But it does make perfect sense. I will try it this go around. I was thinking about doing my flip little different anyway. I was gonna take a week to bring my lights all the way down. It makes sense that around the last two weeks of flowering if you rob them an extra hour they might produce quicker. :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:… I will be trying it…:+1:t3:

9 Likes

They have been at 11.5/12.5 from flip (as a test) and I think they really do develop faster.

I will cut another half an hour today!

7 Likes

Nice chop chop.

3 Likes

I was going to say the plants photo receptors will notice the diminishing light and hurry up and flower. Because thats how the can tell when you flip the lights. Im very interested in that area of light to dark transition and the changes it causes the plant to make. Ive been playing with variations of the “gas latern lighting Routine” and getting interesting things happening. Like reveggin instead of a true flip. Definatly got me lookin in another rabbit hole!
Because the plants they know if they dont mate by the end of the season then they will have to self seed for the next generation to survive. Just let them keep growing and growing and wait they will self seed. It takes a long time. Once the self pollinate you have to wait 3-4 weeks for seeds to grow and develop. Can take 110-130 days to make it happen.

7 Likes

Wow those are stunning !! Gonna have me some of those Prey genetics soon!! Getting some of the Runtz/Slapz and a couple others. Next grow for sure.

Marty

8 Likes

@wow_arizona @PreyBird1 Have you guys tried the Emerson effect and combined it with the shorter lighting?

Marty

4 Likes

Not really. There kinda pricey. And there have been a lot of debates about so the general consensus is that nobody wants to buy them. Id be interested to know for sure. But my best light does sunrise and sunset settings. And i try and have lots of uv in my lights.

7 Likes